Try doing another online scan to see if you find anything else that the other scans may have missed.
Please perform a scan with Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner
.-- Requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before scanning for malware as ActiveX is no longer being used.-- This scan will not remove any detected file threats but it will show where they are located so they can be cleaned with other tools.
-- Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.Important Note
- Vista users need to right-click the IE or FF Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar icons and Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Read the "Advantages - Requirements and Limitations" then press the ... button.
- You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click the Run button. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions.
- When the downloads have finished, you should see 'Database is updated. Ready to scan'. Click on the ... button.
- Make sure these boxes are checked. By default, they should be. If not, please check them and click on the ... button afterwards:
- Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
- Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
- Click on My Computer under the Scan section. OK any warnings from your protection programs.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- Once the scan is complete (the 'status' will show complete), click on View Scan Report and any infected objects will be shown.
- Click on Save Report As... and change the Files of type to Text file (.txt)
- Name the file KAVScan_ddmmyy (day, month, year) before clicking on the Save button and save it to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste (Ctrl+C) the saved scan results from that file in your next reply.
: Using any peer-to-peer
(P2P) or file sharing
program (i.e. Limewire, eMule, Kontiki, BitTorrent, uTorrent, BearShare, Azureus/Vuze) is a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections
, remote attacks, and exposure of personal information.
The reason for this is that file sharing relies on its members giving and gaining unfettered access to computers across the P2P network. This practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft, system infection and remote access exploit
by attackers who can take control of your computer without your knowledge. Even if you change the risky default settings to a safer configuration, downloading files from an anonymous source increases your exposure to infection
because the files you are downloading may actually contain a disguised threat. Many malicious worms and Trojans, such as the Storm Worm, target and spread across P2P files sharing networks because of their known vulnerabilities. In some instances the infection may cause so much damage to your system that recovery is not possible
and a Repair Install will NOT help!. In those cases, the only option is to wipe your drive, reformat and reinstall the OS.
Even the safest P2P file sharing programs that do not contain bundled spyware, still expose you to risks because of the very nature of the P2P file sharing process. By default, most P2P file sharing programs are configured to automatically launch at startup. They are also configured to allow other P2P users on the same network open access to a shared directory on your computer. The best way to eliminate these risks is to avoid using P2P applications
Since the nature of P2P programs is counter productive to restoring your PC to a healthy state, I strongly recommend that you remove all such programs
to reduce the risk of infection and keep your system clean. If you choose not to do that, then do not
use them while we are in the process of disinfecting the computer or we are just wasting time trying to clean your system.Using such programs is almost a guaranteed way to get yourself infected!!