Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 algkais

algkais

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Every time i try to download chrome web browser, my trojan elert comes up. Why does this happen?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill()C

Bill()C

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Probably because googleupdate.exe causes so much discussion about how to get rid of it. It's installed when you put on Chrome. Not sure if there's an option to NOT install it when you install Chrome.

I'm sure if you search the forums here you can find out how to get rid of it. If you want Chrome and want to get rid of googleupdate you can always disable your antivirus while installing. I'm sure others will come along with even better advice.

Good luck,
Bill

#3 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

algkais,

If you are worried about the Google learning to much about you try SRWare Iron. An opened sourced browser based on the same Chromium code as Google's Chrome. It has no reporting features like Chrome giving some company information about what you are doing on line at all times. I play around with it a little every day, I have no plug-ins installed but I understand that most that are made for Chrome install and run. I prefer Opera myself.

Dan

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

GoogleUpdate.exe is not trojan. Your antivirus is making a false detection.

#5 algkais

algkais
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

GoogleUpdate.exe is not trojan. Your antivirus is making a false detection.

Maybe so, but a company like Kaspersky are quite clued up. I sent Kaspersky a mail about this, the 1st thing they said was do not turn off the anti virus. :flowers:
Anyway thanks for the replies, i've given up with chrome & downloaded safari, which seems to have solved my slow down problems :thumbsup:

#6 angstfeardoubt

angstfeardoubt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

Should you still want to use Chrome, you can do this to remove google update after installing Chrome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users