Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

realtek buzzing sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 loveartist

loveartist

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Hello, I hear a buzzing noise in my headhones when plugged into the headphone jack of my aspire 5760-6025. I can fix the issue by running the driver update executable file Vista_Win7_R249.exe However when i do this i can see no stereo mix channel under my recording devices on windows 7 64-bit. I need to see this option because I am a musician and I need to record the sound I hear on my computer, in order to capture the effects within the live recordings I do. I can do this if I update the driver with the Vista_Win7_R249 exported to program files folder named realtek then update the drivers through the device manager. However when I do this I get the buzzing noise again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit/Delete Message

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 loveartist

loveartist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:00 AM

Since no one responded perhaps im not asking the right questions. Why would the exe version of the realtek drivers install differntly then updating the driver in the device manager and selecting the unzipped folder? The difference between the two things is this: one is you can see the stereo mix within the recording devices, and the other one is the buzzing noise. When updating the drivers from device manager I have both the stereo mix and the buzzing noise, the .exe driver download i have no stereo mix and no buzzing noise. What makes these install differently? The drivers can be found at: http://www.realtek.com/Downloads/downloads...p;GetDown=false (hit accept to see the latest driver downloads) I downloaded both the zip and exe version for windows 7. If anyone knows the answers to the above questions or knows information about the stereo mix and the buzzing noise, please post, any info might lead to a solution :thumbsup: thanks again, cody

#3 loveartist

loveartist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

ok i think the problem is solved. Ill post my solution here incase anyone else ever has this issue, although i feel it is rare. First you need to download this driver, "realtek r203" from 3d guru.com

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Realtek-HD-Aud...nload-2059.html

now you can try installing the .exe file. If that dosent work for your needs, ie you want a stereo mix channel in windows 7 so you can record what you hear then you will need to install the driver manually. To do this you need to first allow it to be done. Go to start, devices and printers, right click on your computer then go to device installation settings and click "no let me decide" and then "never install windows update" Once these are checked and applied you can install drivers manually by going to controll panel, device manager, right click on your device and then hit up date driver.
Youl need to extract the file from 3d guru to a folder(done by right clicking on the exe file and hitting extract files, note you may have to download winrar), then when updating the driver hit browse my computer then let me pick. Select hdx.inf and install the driver, restart and you should have no more buzzing noise, and aslo be able to see the stereo mix under recording devices. Hope this helps cody

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

Well cody, it seems that you solved your own problem and posted a solution.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your accomplishment! :thumbsup:

Keep us posted. :flowers:

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users