Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XFX GTX 295 Driver Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LilDeamon

LilDeamon

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

For the past hour or so iv'e been trying to get this 295 to work, the drivers when installed whether there windows default or nvidia's show yellow caution signs next to each core in device manager.

Windows drivers: http://i46.tinypic.com/264krgp.jpg

Nvidia 257.21: http://i47.tinypic.com/243nsjt.jpg

I have also tried the latest (258.69) beta drivers and they had the same results.

Other specs:
Asus M4A89GTD PRO mobo
Kingston 2x2GB
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BlackEdition
1x Dvd drives
2x HDD
Antec Truepower TP-650

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Code 43 is an indicator that there is a device malfunction, not a driver issue.

Below is a snippit from microsoft's error code web site page.

Code 43
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

This would mean it is time to replace your video card.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 LilDeamon

LilDeamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

People have has similar problems and got it working, D: I hoped that mine was fixable, back to the broken 7950.

Do you know what might be a good replacement? Like a GTX 260 maybe or a Radeon 5770?

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

The only way it would be fixable is if the card was experiencing a bad connection between the video board contacts and the slot contacts.

Removing the card and plugging it back into the slot can sometimes fix this problem, because it will disturb any oxidation build up.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users