Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirct virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrennaLynn

BrennaLynn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

I have this virus. I have run malewarebytes (removed 162) and ad-aware (removed 36). This solved the fake-security pop-ups that started after the google virus got on my computer. I started working through the prep instructions listed on this site. After completing step 5, the firewall step, I could not do any of the subsequent steps. I get messages that tell me my settings will not allow me to do that. What all should I undo in the firewall section, and when should I do it? Should I actually do it last instead of in the order listed in the prep?

Thank you so so much for your help.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 02 July 2010 - 09:15 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 BrennaLynn

BrennaLynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

:thumbsup: Ah HA! Bless you my friend! Before I received your reply I had also run SuperAntiSpyware which had also found some 100+ things and removed them. But I still had the Google redirct problem. This seems to have done the trick! I cannot tell you how thankful i am!

My daughter swears up and down that she didn't click on anything like the fake virus alerts, but she had been playing a bunch of on-line games (make the penguin jump over the snowball type stuff). Do you think the virus could have gotten in that way?

Again, thank you so, so much.
Brenna in TX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users