Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus redirecting

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kromagg

kromagg

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

hi my name is Pawel, i have windows 7 x64 and few weeks ago i started getting this annoying virus redirections, moving me or slowing my serching how can i put it off or delete? i did few formats and still nothing, im getting crazy . pls help.. i have unsecure wifi internet at home (im not admin) is it the isue?

Edited by Budapest, 01 July 2010 - 07:33 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

so will anyone care to answer? or my case is too difficulty? I realise u have got many posts to answer, but would be nice to know anyone at least looked here and maybe in future will try to help.. hope it's not to much to expect.. if so - sorry.

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hi kromagg.

i did few formats and still nothing

So. . . you have formatted the computer (erasing everything) and reinstalled Windows, and are still experiencing issues. Is this correct?

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#4 jdbaker82

jdbaker82

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

Your Router is infected believe it or not..... Go into your routers config(Type 192.168.x.x in your browsers address bar then username is usually admin and password will be admin or password) if you are not sure what it is go to Start/Run/CMD and type Ipconfig and look for your local IP address... Once in your routers config page you need to change the DNS back to search automatically a program infected your routers DNS address to redirect you to the google5.redirects.

#5 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

ok i heared about router option but why other housemates dont have this problem? only mine laptop? and i am not an administrator its from landlord and he does not live with us, so am i still able to change any settings there?

edit//

ok im into settings but where is exactly part to changfe it on auto? i have in settinalready to gs: DNS 1: 213.109.64.5 ; DNS 2: 213.109.72.21 and dhcp is set auto

sorry but i know nothing about settings in wifi .. thx for answer however im w8 4 ur answer and advice now :thumbsup:

Edited by kromagg, 06 July 2010 - 02:33 AM.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Sounds to me like you keep on getting re-infected? Are you using any backup files to restore your computer?

#7 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

all i have is cd with windows 7 recovery - i lost proper install and my previous system installed on laptop was vista but after infection i couoldnt lunched installation from hidden partition (vista was showing no more activated afgter i had 2 systems)- it is still there but now i dont have even vista on my laptop so i dont think its any way i can start llunch instalation from there. my router seems has all settings on right place. and like i said no one else in house have this porblem.. is it any way i can find the virus after installed system - remove it - and then burn new recovery dvd? with clean instalation (without virus?)

Edited by kromagg, 06 July 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#8 jdbaker82

jdbaker82

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

ok i heared about router option but why other housemates dont have this problem? only mine laptop? and i am not an administrator its from landlord and he does not live with us, so am i still able to change any settings there?

edit//

ok im into settings but where is exactly part to changfe it on auto? i have in settinalready to gs: DNS 1: 213.109.64.5 ; DNS 2: 213.109.72.21 and dhcp is set auto

sorry but i know nothing about settings in wifi .. thx for answer however im w8 4 ur answer and advice now :thumbsup:

Those DNS settings you listed are the problem you need to change the DNS settings to "AUTOMATIC" that is a manual setting that should not be there and what is causing your redirects.

#9 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Posted Imagei apologize for being silly but how can i change it ? exactly were? do you mean i should clean this poles with no numbers ?
this is how looks site with settings : should i press other tab? (i have put screen of all tabs avaliable below 1st screen)

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Who is your ISP?

#11 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

virgin

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

Those DNS IP's should be Virgins then.

#13 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

so change it or not?

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

so change it or not?

Contact Virgin and get the right DNS Servers.

#15 kromagg

kromagg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

HOW IT CAN BE WRONG IF 5 OTHERS Computers have no problem with internet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users