Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop and Router Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Runie

Runie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

This has been an issue for me for quite sometime and I am aware that many others also have the same problem. I have searched online already for many solutions but haven't found a clear one. My issue is that my laptop has an odd connection with my router. I bought my laptop on my vacation in Hong Kong and it worked fine there. Once I moved back to Canada though my laptop started acting weird. It would tell me that it is connected to my router however there is no internet connection. The connection is also rated as excellent so it can't be because I am too far away. Sometimes when I open a browser, the homepage just keeps loading but never displays the page. My short term solution so far is to disconnect from the router and reconnect. This usually allows my internet to return but more than likely it re-disconnects again and the issue reoccurs.

I am more than sure that it is a router issue because I have tested connections with other routers in my area which seem to work fine. Some days my computer just plain can't connect to the router. It will get stuck 'identifying' the connection or will just become an 'unidentified' connection. Like always I reconnect to fix the issue.

My last resort of course will be to buy a new router but I am posting to see if there is another solution.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 4810T

My router is a TP Link CF38D6

Edited by Runie, 01 July 2010 - 03:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Well...I would not use hardware made to function in accordance with electrical standards...of a country where such standards might not match those where I intend to use said hardware item.

Different voltage requirements might come into play.

<<I am more than sure that it is a router issue because I have tested connections with other routers in my area which seem to work fine.>>

??? If that's true, then it seems that the solution is obvious...or am I oversimplifying?

Have you tried this device, using a wired connection?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users