Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume louder?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eslfish

eslfish

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hey guys. I've been on 7 for a few months now and I've noticed a big difference in sound reduction....when I had Vista my volume was ALOT louder. I have some 5.1 70/20w Logitech speakers....is there anyway to bypass the volume limit in 7 or something? I've already messed around with everything in the volume controls....help would be great!
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
6144MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

- Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound
- Under Playback tab, double click on your speakers. This would open Speaker Properties
- Under Enhancements tab, select Loudness Equalization

#3 eslfish

eslfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Yeah I've done that. It just makes the volume a little more quieter for me but it's more balanced...
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
6144MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

See if setting to DVD quality helps.

Posted Image

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Have you installed Windows 7 sound drivers for your computer? Without the proper drivers, sometimes the sound can be, well...crappy.

I once did a clean install on a buddy's NICE Dell laptop. The expensive speakers he had sounded like they were about 100 years old...cracking, popping, etc. Installing Windows 7 drivers for his model laptop fixed it.

So that's the first thing I would check.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#6 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

Shark 007's codecs are also a treat! Download here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Win7codecs_d5959.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#7 MarcusW

MarcusW

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

Hmmm...
I'm a bit of a nutter when it comes to sound. I mess with my neighbour's head a lot probably.
I have noticed that there are some systems that have all manner of sound tweaks on them. I notice for instance that if you try to customize the sound using a soundcard's specific software program that allows for it, and then make further extra adjustments in e.g. Windows Media Player, it can make the sound either really distorted and ugly, so maybe you might want to see if there is anything in the way of an extra soundcard specific program that makes those adjustments. It could be that there's settings in more than one or two programs that - although they don't conflict in terms of software - they will conflict in terms of what you hear, so it's mostly a hardware problem in terms of how the system is coping with dealing with multiple settings from different programs. Despite the not so great example of the distorted sound I mentioned earlier, it is more than feasible that sound quality as well as sound ouput in terms of volume can easily be affected in this way. Are there any independant sound adjustment programs on your computer that relate to your soundcard that isn't Microsoft Windows related?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users