Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD *DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE*

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brandontech4294

brandontech4294

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

Today I was finishing up everything I was doing, then when I tried to shutdown, the computer wouldn't shutdown...so I left it on for a while and it later appeared as a BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)
0x0000009f (0x00000003,0x881C8030,0x88325030,0x89318BAO)

Recently I have dealt with an ever persisting problem as my explorer.exe keeps crashing, EG: I will be using *any program* I decide to click something else and then my explorer.exe crashes then I have to wait to close it, *I start to lose harddrive space* I restart, the HDD is back, but the explorer will crash at least once a day and it's very annoying.

Back to the BSOD, I have the text

==================================================
Filename : ntkrnlpa.exe
Address In Stack : ntkrnlpa.exe+f5b28
From Address : 0x82c4d000
To Address : 0x83006000
Size : 0x003b9000
Time Stamp : 0x4b7d1e08
Time String : 2/18/2010 7:01:28 AM
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
File Description : NT Kernel & System
File Version : 6.0.6002.18209 (vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)
Company : Microsoft Corporation
Full Path : C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
==================================================

Please help me with the BSOD, and I'd love to hear some ideas to help solve my explorer.exe crash problems!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hi -

Bugcheck 0x9f (0x3,,,) = driver in an inconsistant power state and blocking an IRP (I/O Request Packet) for too long a time

Make sure your NIC and wifi drivers are updated.

If you have Internet Security Suite w/ 3rd party firewall, I would suggest that you remove it via the product manufacturer's removal tool. Re-boot upon completion.

Install MSE --> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier --> http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 brandontech4294

brandontech4294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

I have MSE already and my wifi drivers are up to date as well, though I'm not sure what NIC is?

It may or may not happen again, I had this same error about 6 months ago along with a nvlddmkm.sys, but that error was fixed with new and cleaned installed video drivers, this one happens periodically and not consistent *knock-on-wood*, but if it does become persistent I will use your tool.

Thank you in reguards =)

P.S: more than likely my issue count on my pc is too undefinable so at some point I'll probably just reformat and go to Win7 when its steady ;P

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

NIC is shorthand term for Network Interface Card makes it easier typing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users