Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot delete the HelpAssistant folder in Documents and Settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 All4God

All4God

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hello,

I have a folder called “HelpAssistant” located in Documents and Settings that appears to be a User Account, although I don’t believe it is because it is not located in the control panel under user accounts. I can delete it manually but upon restart it’s back. Also, it is taking up a lot of space and constantly adding more, very quickly. Everything in this folder is just copies of everything else in the My Documents folders. SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials have not found anything, but upon reading other people’s posts and doing an Internet search, I truly believe this is some type of virus/malware, maybe a rootkit Trojan or something like that.

My OS is Windows XP Home Edition, SP3. I do not have the Windows XP CD as this is a Sony Vaio computer and they only give you the package application CDs with the PC. Can somebody help me? I am not a computer whiz, so step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 July 2010 - 08:48 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 All4God

All4God
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

I just wanted to inform you that I am posting my problem on another forum. Thank you anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users