Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My never ending set of ASP.net issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi folks,
I am always trying new things as you guys probably know, and today, it was my turn to try again with mojo portal on Abyss Web server considering it is my dream one day to run my own site and all of that. But for now, I'm content with using the server for developmental and experimental purposes. And I love where the site is now, so that's not the issue here. But anyway, after doing some minor configuration changes to the web.config file in the setup directory of the application, I reset the paths in Abyss, and for some odd reason, when I type in the full address (localhost/setup:8080), I get the error as shown below:

Configuration Error

Server Error in '/asp.net' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be
caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 710:
Line 711: -->
Line 712: <machineKey validationKey="55BA53B475CCAE0992D6BF9FE463A5E97F00C6C16DA3D7DF9202E560078AB501643C15514785FEE30FEF26FC27F5CE594B42FFCA55452EF90E8A056B4DAE9F39"
decryptionKey="939232D527AC4CD3E449441FE887DA110A16C1A36924C424CBAAE3F00282436C" validation="SHA1" decryption="AES"/>
Line 713: <!--
Line 714: The above key is better so I changed it, but leaving this one here
Source File: C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\asp.net\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 712

Show Additional Configuration Errors:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.4927
Other information that may be of interest to you is the fact that firefox will not connect to the local web server when the full address is typed in. So, what I actually had to do to generate that error message is type in "localhost:8080" omitting the /setup portion. So, are these related? The fact that firefox wouldn't connect with the full path typed in, and then the error message I received when navigating to the wwwroot folder from the displayed index? And by the way, the only configuration changes I made in the web.config file were the ones belonging to my MySQL connection string. Any help/input on this would be great. If more information, such as the entire text of the web.config file or my Abyss.conf file is needed, please let me know, and I'll be glad to post them.
Update: I just checked the virtual path and the .net version, and I now have a very different thing going on. The fact that firefox can recognize, but can't connect to the server when the full address is typed in is still the same, but there is something else now that I managed to change the virtual path for it was a little messed up to my knowledge. Now when I click on wwroot from the index list, Firefox prompts to download the folder! It is supposed to run the setup script that the server is pointing to. any thoughts? anyone?

Regards,
Chromebuster

Edited by chromebuster, 01 July 2010 - 07:07 PM.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users