Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM in Windows TASK MANAGER

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 erachinskas

erachinskas

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

Running Win XP Prof. SATA HDD 6 Gig Mem. Velocity custom Computer When I open task Manager there is a IMAGE NAME SYSTEM and it's Mem Usage IS VERY LARGE and my CPU Usage Almost always is sitting at 100%.
I checked on my laptop which is running the same and A LOT of the same programs due to using it for the same stuff on the go. In task manager it stay's at about an Mem Usage of 274. My desktop Mem Usage for the SYSTEM is always well above 100,000 .
Something just isn't adding up? Have done Malyware, AVG, Defrag, Ect still SLOW and the same. Any thought ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx
Unzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.
Click on View > Select Colunms.
In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.
Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.
Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 erachinskas

erachinskas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Well that program dont work. Placed on C; Winzip Every time I try and run the program I get the Encountered a problem and needs to close . SORRY for the inconvinience.......

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

It works if you download it to your desktop and follow the prompts to install it from the desktop...I just tried the link provided.

Louis

#5 erachinskas

erachinskas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Thats what I did. I have it on My desktop but still get that message. Tried to redownload it and got same message. Took over a day to download due to someting running and keeping my CPU running at 100%

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

Try this...

Download, install, and run Whats Running.
Click on Take snapshot in the left pane.
New pop-up window will open.
Click on Save snapshot, and save the file as snap (.xml extension will be added automatically) to know location.

Posted Image

Zip the file, and attach it to your next reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users