Google search results indicated a bug. I removed the drive from the computer, slaved it to another computer and ran a full scan with Sophos Antivirus. Scan found nothing. I put the drive back into the original computer, booted into safe mode with networking and proceeded to install and run Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes installed but would not run for more that a few seconds.
I knew I was in for a fun time now. While in safe mode - I ran a Trendmicro Houscall scan. Housecall found nothing. Kasperski's on-line scanner is currently off-line. ESET on-line scanner finally gave me something to work with. ESET on-line scan found these two:
JS/Trojan Downloader.GUMBLAR.J Trojan
ESET removed them but there is still something present after rebooting. Ok now I know I'm really going to have fun.
I started to collect stuff - I Defogged and DDS logs were generated. Then I ran GMER. The computer rebooted all by itsself around 2/3 through the GMER scan.
I can logon in normal mode as long as I have the network cable unplugged. Malwarebytes still would only run for a few seconds. I ran RKill which reported that it did not kill anything but Malwarebytes will now run. Now I'm making progress OR so I thought. I plugged in the network cable updated Malwarebytes and ran a quick scan. Malwarebytes found nothing! I started another GMER scan and decided to disconnect the network cable just in case the bug was trying to phone home... The machine is now unresponsive and I'm going to have to push and hold the power button.
I've uploaded the DDS logs.
Thank you in advance for your help. BleepingComputer has been a great resource for me over the years.
Edited by TB-Kane2010, 30 June 2010 - 03:39 PM.