Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Certificate Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dotmatrix48

dotmatrix48

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

I have ran my AVG internet security scan, MalwareRemoval scan and nothing is found. I have change my security level to medium, deleted all cookies and history in IE8 but still get certificate warning. I can access the internet but when I try to login my eBay account this certificate warning error pops up. This seems to be on my PC only. I can login my account on another PC in my home without any warnings. I am running Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8. This just started happening yesterday, June29th. I have always accessed my account on this PC before without any problems. This is my main PC to do banking, etc. This is the warning I receive: There is a problem with this website's security certificate. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is taking place here? Thanks for any assistance on this issue in advance. :thumbsup:

Edited by dotmatrix48, 30 June 2010 - 01:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dotmatrix48

dotmatrix48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

I just found what was going on. My date on my PC was wrong which was making the security certificate date look expired. Corrected date, problem solved. Thanks anyway for this forum to ask questions.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Seems to typically happen when...date/time in BIOS is incorrect.

I would check the accuracy of such.

If they are incorrect...it could indicate that your CMOS battery needs to be replaced.

Louis

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Keep an eye on the system time. Turn the system off overnight for a few days and see if it is losing time.
If it does, replace the battery as Louis suggests.
Most computer batteries are CR2032. Radio Shack or the like has them for about five bucks
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users