Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Setting Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gcb0429

gcb0429

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Yesterday when I came home my wifes pc monitor was blank and in sleep mode (no one had been home all day so no one changed anything). No matter what i moved or swapped out, it wouldnt come out of sleep. I moved the cable from the added nvidia 6200 graphics port to the onboard port & I got a picture but it is on the lowest setting possible and I cannot change them. I went to nvidia's website to make sure I had the curent drivers for that card & it ran a diagnostic & it does. Is there anyway to switch back to the onboard graphics card or to get the nvidia one to work? She doesnt need the nvidia card as all she uses the computer for is emails & facebook. Help please!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

Simply remove the card...and the onboard should take over.

System manufacturer and model?

I'm just curious...if the system had onboard video...why even bother installing a physical card?

Louis

#3 gcb0429

gcb0429
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Its a Dell demension 2340 (?) & it used to be used for some gaming that the onboard couldnt handle (crashes & screan tearing). Tried the removal of the card but no such luck...

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,233 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Well...what does that mean?

You cannot remove the card...you can remove it, but no video...exactly what happens?

The onboard may have to be enabled in the BIOS. Did you reinstall the video drivers for the onboard?

Louis

#5 gcb0429

gcb0429
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

I was able to figure it out. Had to turn the onboard back on. thanks.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,233 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users