Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Are These And How Do I Fix Them?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 luvbug

luvbug

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

I have Windows ME .....I have been getting a lot of errors:

YPager as caused an error in unknown
YPager has caused an error in kernel32DLL
Explorer has caused an error in SHELL32DLL
Explorer has cuased a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 0003:00007ae3
Cpqeadm has caused an error in User.EXE
3Dtext has caused an error in NBICD.DLL

I have no idea what these are or how to fix them.

Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

That is the main component of yahoo messenger. Shoot the messenger.(ypager).If you sort that out, the rest may or may not remain. Probably should post a log to be checked in that forum. Good luck.

Edited by gunner, 15 October 2005 - 07:38 PM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:11 AM

I dont know anything about computers, so I have no idea what you are talking about or how to do it. Somebody, please help me!! Thank you.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

I think what Gunner was trying to tell you was that the fault may be caused by Yahoo Messenger. You might either remove it from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and/or reinstall it if you feel you need it. Personally, I prefer MSN Messenger if I use any. If uninstalling Yahoo Messenger doesn't solve your problem, then it could be something more complicated.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:29 PM

Unistall Yahoo MesswithYa and try Trillian 3.1. It is a free IM cleint that you can use with ICQ, YIM, AIM, and IRC. There are no adds or popups with this program. It is light on resources since one program can do the work of as many as 4 programs.
If you don't have a good antivirus and antispyware here are a few that will help clean up your system.

AVG Free Edition Antivirus(I personally use)
Avast Home Edition Antivirus Freeware
Spybot
AdAware SE Personal Edition
Ewido Security Suite - 14 day trial
cCleaner

These all all freeware that will help keep your computer healthy.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for your replies. I have uninstalled and re-installed Yahoo Messenger and it still happens. If I download Trillian, I can still talk to my friends that use Yahoo Messenger?? They will be on my list, and it will let me know when they are online...just like Messenger does?? I have never heard of Trillian before..am very interested.

I already have Ad-Aware and I have Norton AV on my comp. I run maintance once a week, and keep my temp. files empty, and empty my recycle bin. Any other advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it very much.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:26 PM

If I download Trillian, I can still talk to my friends that use Yahoo Messenger??

Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC.

and it will let me know when they are online...just like Messenger does??

.... Trillian provides unique functionality such as contact message history, a powerful skinning language, tabbed messaging, global status changes (set all networks away at once), Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration), contact alerts, an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client, ....

Trillian homepage

Any other advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for your replies. I have uninstalled and re-installed Yahoo Messenger and it still happens. If I download Trillian, I can still talk to my friends that use Yahoo Messenger?? They will be on my list, and it will let me know when they are online...just like Messenger does?? I have never heard of Trillian before..am very interested.

I already have Ad-Aware and I have Norton AV on my comp. I run maintance once a week, and keep my temp. files empty, and empty my recycle bin. Any other advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it very much.

Yep. Just like the AOL, Yahoo, ICQ and MSN client. ANd if you IRC it will do that. My daughter has 4 AOL names and is logged on with each and ICQ. Look at my profile and you will see I have an account with each and monitor each.

Installed cCleaner and automate the cookie, temp internet, and history deletion everytime you restart your computer. It will also allow you to not delete cookies, like say you ebay cookies.

Edited by acklan, 20 October 2005 - 08:51 PM.

#9 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

I installed Trillian this morning..so far no problems. I do have a question.....how do I get to my message archives??? I cant seem to find it.

So, ya'll recommend downloading cCleaner??? I have never heard of it before, so if ya'll say its good and will help, I will download it.

Thank you all so much for your help.

#10 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:04 PM

I have never archived any chats. Never thought about it before.
I have been using cCleaner for years on several different windows '95, '98, 98se, ME, and XP Pro and I like it. Never had an issue.

#11 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:33 PM

Trillian seems to archive chat automatically (he says with his wealth of experience :thumbsup: )

I found mine in c:\Program Files\Trillian\users\default\logs\IRC\Channel

(yours may be slightly different depending on your username.)

If you want to preserve the logs you better check CCleaner settings because I think it deletes log files by default.

hth :flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#12 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

Thank you all so much for your help. I am now using Trillian and have also downloaded CCleaner...no problems or error messages so far.

Is it ok to use Spybot and AdAware, or is just one enough?? I already have AdAware.

I appreciate ya'lls help so much.

#13 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:19 PM

It's always a good idea to have more than one anti-spyware program.
There is no spyware program that will catch everything.
Each one looks for problems in different ways, so what one misses the other catches.
That's why it's a good idea to have overlapping protection.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#14 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

Ok..I will put Spybot on also. Does the same apply to AV's also??? I have Norton, should I download AVG also??

While Im thinking about it, when I run maintance, I can only run Scan Disk and Defrag in safe mode....it will never do anything unless Im in safe mode........how do I fix that??????

Thank you for your help.

#15 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:04 PM

Ok..I will put Spybot on also. Does the same apply to AV's also??? I have Norton, should I download AVG also??

While Im thinking about it, when I run maintance, I can only run Scan Disk and Defrag in safe mode....it will never do anything unless Im in safe mode........how do I fix that??????

Thank you for your help.

You should not have more than one Antivirus. There is no need for more than one at all.
So no, do not install AVG too. Since you already have Norton.

Scan Disk and Defrag just run better in safe mode.
To be able to run them in normal mode, you would have to shut down running apps. As they write to the drive and make both continually re-start.
It seems that these run faster in safe mode too. An added bonus.

Edited by Scarlett, 23 October 2005 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users