Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSSE error code 0x80070643 ????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kcgirl1313

kcgirl1313

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

Hi and thanks for your help in advance...

I just went to log on to my computer and i got an error message stating that i had no internet security protection on my computer. It was a message from Microsoft Security Alerts. I downloaded MSSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) about a month ago and everything was fine up until now. When i got the above message, I looked to see if i still had MSSE on my desktop and it was gone!...Then, i looked in Add/Remove programs and it was missing from there also. Then when i attempted to download it again, It gave me error code 0x80070643 and said it was unable to install. I even tried removing all instances of MSSE using CCleaner and still nothing helps...

Do i have another virus?....

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks so much!
Kelly :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kcgirl1313

kcgirl1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

~BUMP~

I realize most everyone is busy... but, I really need some help here!

Thanks!

#3 kcgirl1313

kcgirl1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Well, while i was waiting for a reply on here, i took it upon myself to download PC Doctor to take care of any issues with this computer, (thinking i may have a virus). But, it won't download. States the file is corrupted!

In fact, it won't download ANY security software...period!

Thanks!

#4 ksleonard

ksleonard

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

here's a good guide to working through it:

http://bluescreensolutions.blogspot.com/2011/02/cant-install-microsoft-security.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users