Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kj05

kj05

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Hi, I'm having constant problems with vista home freezing, i've done no new installs of software or hardware and have re-installed the system to it's factory settngs numerous times now along with system restore, the problem arises randomly, it just says 'not responding' or you get nothing from it at all - no cursor just the blue spinning circle, i'm having to switch it off holding the power button down which i'm reluctant to do as i can't even start task manager. i'm using vizta home premium hp pavillion dv2000 32bit, 4Gb ram, nvidia GeForce 8400m gs, core 2 duo @ 2.5Ghz. i did read somewhere that it was a problem with graphics card update drivers but i'm unsure what to do, if i run it in safe mode i have no problems so could it be a driver problem??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

Reading material:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38264

#3 kj05

kj05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

lots to work with there, cheers zbd, more than likely needs a good clean!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users