Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Undetectable, Versatile, Cannot be Killed? Daring Virus...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KullXP

KullXP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

Hello and Welcome all Great Minds.

If you're up to the challenge, (Unlike my feeble attempts), then get out your thinking caps it'll probably take more then an AV program/Removal Tool.

It all started 1 month ago, I was sleeping while the computer was defraging/scanning amongst other things that run at 3am. When I heard the most god awful noise coming from my computer speakers, (Sqreeching, High pitched, Varying) noise. The screen was blank so, I restarted everything was fine no problems are reports from (ZoneAlarm Extreme Security).

Then a week ago things started getting really screwy, files were being corrupted, random system shutdowns, that same noise at start up randomly (not all start ups make that sound), and sure enough about 1 more day of it my ZA-E wont load its AV.

So I sprung into action countering its moves by booting off another HD and running my ZA-E $40 dollars of raw virus killig power. An to my suprise everything was clean. Now ive figured out ZA-E's av is crap. So I went through all the free AV programs out there an the others malbyte etc. etc...

Still all clean then I ran across SpyBot 4, which didn't find the virus but a whole bunch of unknown threats. They all seemed to be registy related, it wanted money to fix so instead of spending it on them I bought Norton 360 a $90 mistake it found nothing. Next restart on the new HD it starts the same behavor, AV shuts down, Norton wont even load, and random shut downs again.

Wipe the whole system clean time,deletion of partitions, wipe the disk using low level, then MBR reset, total format, fresh XP installation. No were for it to run or hide!!! Booting up computer.... Reinstalling using brand new files and factory disk..... Everythings going great...... 3 hours later I restart.....
Windows loaded.... BAM!!!! Here we go again!

So im here after reading forum after forum, method after method to were its not possible for anything to exist other then factory settings/files.

Virus suspicions:

Kernel Fault Check at start up which ive never seen before in my start up manager
Random files freshly installed becoming corrupted
Random shutdowns
Strange noise at start up (Windows Loading Screen only)
Anti Virus programs being stopped an rendered usless
IE and Firefox Stability issues

If anyone can take this monster down please help the only thing left for me to do is get a camera an post the video of KullXP's sure fire way to kill any virus in your computers system. Step 1: 12 Gauge Shoot Gun, Step 2: Big Heavy Truck, Step 3: Very, Very, Tall building, Finally Step 4: 1,200 dollars or 2,200 if you spring for the core i7 980x.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 June 2010 - 09:35 PM.
Removed BB coding for ease of reading and moved to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users