Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant install any updates at all

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 susanbl

susanbl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hi Im new to this forum so please let me know if I get something wrong :thumbsup:

I have a dell dimension 5150 running windows xp, never had any probs before (or nothing I couldnt deal with) using zonealarm antivirus and firewall and iobit, adaware and spybot as protection.

Recently I have not been able to download any windows updates either manually or from windows update.... I was advised to uninstall the last update and reinstall....this was net framework service pack 3...so I uninstalled and cannot reinstall.

After this I tried to install an itunes alternative called iphone to pc and everything just went haywire....I uninstalled the program and did a general clean up....but something has gone wrong and I think it maybe a trojan or virus......now I cannot update anything at all on my pc....they all fail with various error codes or no explanation at all...for example adaware just says connection error when I try to update....also cannot scan with adaware it just says it has experienced a problem and closes, zone alarm seems to work but doesnt update properly and I dont trust that its working anymore. My browser keeps being redirected to malware or spyware sites and google searches are redirected to other search engines.

A few uknown programs are asking for internet permisssions or showing up in my startup progs list...these include zbl.exe, ztipub.exe, dwtrig20 and packupdate107_302.....

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my programs and done vrious google searches (on another computer) but cant find any help with this.

I have done a hijack this scan ...will copy results to here if needed....thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

If you want to post a HJT log, please do not post it here.

The correct forum for posting malware logs (HJT is a malware tool) is BC Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/.

Before posting at that forum, please read and follow the instructions/guidance at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ .

Due to the fact that the MRL forum has a current backlog of approximately 4-5 days...you may want to try the Am I Infected forum first. Do not post a HJT log at that forum, if any logs are desired, the person attempting to assist you will request them from you.

BC Am I Infected, What Do I Do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users