Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time For A Change

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 geologist

geologist

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

Know very little about computers but am having great problems with losing net connections. A friend suggested that I should try Firefox and I have two questions regarding this:
1 Do I have to swap one with the other or can I run both IE and Firefox on the same computer.
2 Since I share this computer with another user, if I download Firefox would it also download to the other user also?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

1. You can't delete IE8 anyway. You need it to get to Microsoft sites like Update. It's OK to have both.

#3 geologist

geologist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for your information. Will have a look at it now.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

1. No. Both browsers ca co-exist and run at same time. You can even install many other browsers like Chrome, Opera, Safari etc.
2. It will be installed for all users but each user will have their own personal settings.

#5 geologist

geologist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for your input. FF now installed alongside IE without problem. Co-user none too happy but when I pointed out that I didn't ask for Norton, that I didn't ask for the Google tool bar and that I was very careful about avoiding junk mail, the protests diminished.

Edited by geologist, 30 June 2010 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users