Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Casual Gaming Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MachinekiIIer

MachinekiIIer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Hey guys new to the forum.

I was hoping to build a computer (my first one). and i was wandering if the parts ive selected are compatible and wht u guys think of it. Im sure most of it is compatible not sure about case.

My budget is under $1000. the parts are:
Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE
Processor: AMD PHENOM II x2 Dual Core 555 Black Edition (3.2ghz)
Ram: 4gb (2x2gb) Eco Series DR3 PC-10600 (1333mhz) 240 Pin
Case: Gigabyte Cupio-6140 Black mid tower
PSU: 550W Äntec" Basiq plus ATX power supply
Video Card: Amaze ATI HD 5770 PCI-E

Please let me know what u think as i am very new to this..

Thnx

MachinekiIIer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Luke L

Luke L

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:24 AM

So if this is the RAM you are getting, for about $108
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-318-_-Product
, then I would suggest going ahead and getting the same brand of RAM timed at 1600mhz instead of 1333mhz.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-321-_-Product
I understand that that cpu doesn't support it, but your motherboard does and it would help if you decide upgrading cpu's later. You can also overclock easier when raising the base clock, which I guess isn't all that important since your cpu has unlocked multipliers. But yeah the slightly higher rated RAM is the same price- actually it has free shipping on Newegg so it's cheaper.

Good choice of motherboard and cpu. Your motherboard supports AOD ACC which will allow you to unlock disabled cores, which you are likely to get since your are buying the x2 processor which will unlock to a x3 or even a x4 if you are lucky.

Your motherboard and case are both ATX and are compatible.

You're spending a lot on the case itself, which is $130. I understand if you just like its style but you can get much better cases for that money that have better cooling features and such. I myself have an Antec 1200 which is around $160, which is much bigger with more room(full atx), has great cable management features, can house 9 hard drives, has six fans with room for two more, and looks cooler in my opinion. The Antec 1200 or other similar cases have much better cooling features which is what you want if you want to overclock. When I asked people for advice on here they recommended full ATX cases. But hey, it's mostly personal preference.

For graphics cards I don't know much about. But if this computer is pretty much just for gaming, you want to get the best possible graphics card you can buy. But yeah I have no idea.

For PSU's make sure that it has all the connectors you want and enough power for what you need now and what you will need for your future planned upgrades. Also look out for deals. you could get this type of PSU for 35 dollars if you catch a good deal.

yup looks good. Good luck

#3 MachinekiIIer

MachinekiIIer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thankyou man much appreciated. the case i was getting is from a local store and was ony $70. as for overclocking i dnt think i would do tht as i am still so very new to this and wouldnt want to risk it...

although i want it for gaming i own a ps3. so for the most part i will just be playing RTS games such as stracraft 2. and maybe a few other non RTS (mass effect)....so im hopping it will be able to supprt these products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users