Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 8 redirect - google searches and opening new popups

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spielerman

spielerman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

I need help. I've run so many malware and spyware programs with absolutely no success. I've even changed a host file, no luck.

What is happening, or continues to happen.

I restore IE8 defaults for everything and then it seems to work ok.

I then go an add Google as the default search engine in the Options properties and it shows up in the ribbon bar.
Anytime I then use that to search the web using that toolbar, and click the links, I go to some crazy websites- thus the redirect

Then I go in and change my popup blocker to high. Shut down IE8, and go back into it. Many times (not all) starting up IE8, my default webpage opens, but then it opens up two more versions of IE8 on some crazy websites.

I then go back and change IE8 to the default settings again, move popup to high, and seems ok for awhile then it comes back when I thought it was all ok.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 29 June 2010 - 08:29 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users