Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet explorer 8 NEW TAB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 macdadluke23

macdadluke23

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

There was a function in Internet explorer 8 where if you click on a new tab it will show your most recent visited websites in thumbnail view. Now i recently updated my windows vista (windows update) and now i my new tabs will not display those recent visited website. Can anyone tell me how to put that feature back on

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

Internet Explorer has no such capability. However, if you install Google Toolbar in Internet Explorer and then click on New Tab, it will show you the thumbnail gallery of most visited web pages.

Get Google toolbar : http://www.google.com/toolbar/

#3 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

I installed the toolbar but it doesnt work i click on new tab it just says what do you want to do next.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Sorry I gave the wrong link for toolbar. Google has terminated this functionality in ordinary toolbar.
For advanced functions, the toolbar has to be installed from http://pack.google.com/

Uninstall your existing Google toolbar and close all IE windows. Then visit the above link and choose only Google Toolbar (or others if you want to). Follow on screen directions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users