Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Security Suite

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 lordandlife

lordandlife

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hello- Have tried to follow prep instructions but won't let me open any programs(dds, defogger, etc), won't open in safe mode by F8 or run msconfig, won't let me download/open files from ext drive or networked pc's. What do I do to get started getting rid of this??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hi lordandlife,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.

Before we begin, I would like to make a few things clear so that we can fix your problem as efficiently as possible:
  • Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.
  • Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.
  • Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.
  • If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.

Can you boot into safe mode at all? Do you have another computer you can transfer files with?

Edited by mpascal, 02 July 2010 - 11:07 PM.

Posted Image

Stay with your topic! Topics that go 4 days without a reply will be closed. PM me to reopen.

Please don't PM asking for support. Post on the forums instead.

My help is free, but if you wish to donate and help continue my fight against malware, click here: Posted Image

#3 mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Posted Image

Stay with your topic! Topics that go 4 days without a reply will be closed. PM me to reopen.

Please don't PM asking for support. Post on the forums instead.

My help is free, but if you wish to donate and help continue my fight against malware, click here: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users