Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The application or dll XXX is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 italy98

italy98

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hello,

My HD recently suffered some bad sectors. Using SpinRite I was able to recover and move most of the data to other areas of the HD. Since then, when starting the computer or launching almost any program I am presented with a dialog box, the name of the app in the upper left corner followed by "The application or dll XXX is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." as shown in the attached image. Clicking on 'OK' closes the error dialog box and the app opens without problem. When starting the computer there are many dialog boxes that are displayed. I believe that with the corrupted sectors something happened to one or more dlls. :flowers: Guidance? Thank you. :thumbsup:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling Panda software...and I would run chkdsk /r command on the system partition (before uninstalling Panda product).

Louis

#3 matix1

matix1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling Panda software...and I would run chkdsk /r command on the system partition (before uninstalling Panda product).

Louis

i have the same problem but no idea what panda software is or the run chkdsk

#4 italy98

italy98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Louis

i have the same problem but no idea what panda software is or the run chkdsk

hamluis Thank you!

matix1 Panda is an anti-virus software program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users