Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Write To Cd-rw

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darknessvisible

darknessvisible

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

Can't write to CD-RW drive using either XP Writing Wizard or Roxio Easy CD Creator 6, using correct media. Dell (Inspiron 4000 laptop) said diagnostic test showed defective hardware. Had same problem when replaced drive. Dell software tech said to reinstall XP & all apps. Drive worked one time only, after reinstallation, and still receive "Writing Wizard Cannot Complete" message or (using Roxio) message that drive isn't receiving command.

Roxio says it must be hardware if XP not writing, but I'm not sure.

Am confused and would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

Darknessvisible

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:58 PM

try a different disc (cd-r) and make sure you use a different manufacturer of the disc. There is no guarantee it will work, but it did for me. I found out cheapies are not always cheap.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 darknessvisible

darknessvisible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

try a different disc (cd-r) and make sure you use a different manufacturer of the disc. There is no guarantee it will work, but it did for me. I found out cheapies are not always cheap.

Thanks, but does not resolve issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users