Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan not running. Overheating and Crashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pivotraze

pivotraze

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:03 AM

The Fan is not working. Jammed, or broken. Not sure.

I have the Acer Aspire 4330 Laptop. I know the fan is not running as it makes no noise, and is not moving when I shine a flashlight towards it.

What can I do. This crashing is REALLY a problem, maybe 3-5 times per day.

Speedfan is reporting 75-77 degrees Celsius, or 167-170.6 degrees Fahrenheit. That seems AWFULLY high. Not normal, I presume? Intel Celeron Processor 575.

Edited by pivotraze, 29 June 2010 - 01:09 AM.

Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:07 AM

Acer laptops are notorious for having lousy fans, unfortunatly. First off, I would not use the laptop until the problem is fixed as it could result in damage to the computer. You can invest in one of those cooling pads for your laptop, but thats a temporary solution and not garenteed to work. The best way, would be to replace the fan. Laptops are a pain to disassemble, so you may want to take it to a computer shop, but if your good at things like that take the outer cover apart enough where you can get to the fan, unplug the fan if possible, if its sodered onto the motherboard you may have to cut the wires halfway between the board and the fan, find out what size fan it is, and order one of the same dimensions, newegg has a large selection. If the fan was sodered or has a custom connection to the motherboard you will have to splice the wires together, but its fairly simple, there should only be 2, a red and a black one, just make sure you color code them.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 NancySmith

NancySmith

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

You need to shut down your system, and keep it in cool place. after few minute restart it if you still get the same problem then you need change the fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users