Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi all!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NASATimp

NASATimp

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

Hi! I'm a 28-year-old engineering graduate student (experiments, though--not computers!). I've been a member here for about a year and read a number of topics, but this is my first post.

I've had the godawful annoying AV Security Center virus on my machine and consequently was blocked from the campus network a couple of days ago, when they noticed my machine try to check in with its controller... their standard recommendation is "wipe your machine and start over" which I *really* do not want to do.

I think I've cleared it off my machine (followed the instructions at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-security-suite and I don't seem to have symptoms anymore) but I'm planning to post in the help forums to get someone to check logs and so on to make sure that I have actually done that, before I request to be reconnected to the campus network.

So, I'm currently following the instructions in the "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help" in preparation for doing exactly that... I'll put a post over in the proper forum when I'm finished following the instructions!

I hope everyone's doing well tonight!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 NASATimp

NASATimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome! :-)

#4 NASATimp

NASATimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

I now have the formal request for help up at: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328490/av-security-suite-am-i-rid-of-it/

If any experts reading this would like to hep, of course I'd be quite grateful! :thumbsup:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

I am sure our Malware Removal Team can check your logs to make sure they are clean; if not, they will help you get rid of any remaining malware.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users