Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random blue screens and freezing during game play

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koongoo

koongoo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

Hello, I have been having a problem since i returned from a trip with my M17x Alienware laptop. (about 2 weeks now) I have the occasional blue screen but most often during game play it will freeze or the screen with turn completely black after freezing for a period of about 2 seconds.

I have a Nvidia GTX 260m video card and a core 2 duo processor if that helps. I'm not quite sure if this is important but there are 2 of these showing up in my display adapter tab in manage devices. one is said to be at the FSB2 and the other FSB3.

the graphics card is running on version 8.17.12.5721.

if there is anything else i need to add to this please let me know. i could really use some help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

You've already tried uninstalling each manifestation of the video card...then rebooting and reinstalling the appropriate drivers?

Louis

#3 koongoo

koongoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

yes. its quite puzzling.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#5 koongoo

koongoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

thanks ill do that.

O and P.S. forgot to mention I have SLI hybrid graphics. and when I turned it off it stopped crashing. so.. I believe the error is in the SLI, but I will do as instructed. thanks Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users