Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Syntax/switches For Norton Protect Recycle Bin

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JimSturtz

JimSturtz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:47 PM

nortons protect can selectively 'protect' each drive on a system.

when turned on for a removable usb device it seems to interfere with being able to unmount the device (at least that was my experience). after turning norton off i was able to dismount usb drives i couldnt get to 'release' before.

as i need to do this about once/week i am wondering if it is possible to create a .bat file to turn off/on the protection w/o having to use the GUI. ala

nprotect /d:N

which would mean disable nprotect services on drive N

also the reverse

nprotect /E:N

to enable it.

i havent been able to find anything on command line switches for nprotect so hoping someone here has some insight.

thanks.

jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users