Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't uninstall a program Error Loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tom123456

tom123456

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hi, I was running GTA San Andreas with the San Andreas Multiplayer mod on it. I began modding the gta3.img with a program called spark but I forgot to exit the Spark application before loading up GTA San andreas multiplayer. For this reason an error message was given when trying to load up GTA San andreas multiplayer. This had happened before and I used to just uninstall gta san andreas and then re-install it again and it would work again. However this time control panel -> add or remove programs thing wouldn't allow me to remove gta san andreas and i get this message

Error Loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll

The specified module could not be found.

Please help me. I've tried deleting all the gta sa files manually using right click -> delete but the program is still present in the "Installed appliations" list in "Add or Remove programs"

I need to uninstall it so i can play again.

Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

Use AUTORUNS

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.

Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
Credit to quietman7
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tom123456

tom123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Okay so I have this AutoRuns thing and I'm scrolling down looking for something to delete?

What exactly am I looking for, I'm so bad with computers and I don't have a clue what to do from here.

Please help

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

Start with the Logon tab of Autoruns...take a look at the individual items listed there.

You can either list the individual items reflected...or you can post a screenshot of that tab...and someone will try to advise you.

Louis

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Louis,, also specifically see if this Ctor.dll
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 tom123456

tom123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Okay now this is strange. When looking at Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. The list that comes up does not contain GTA San Andreas anymore (indicating that it's uninstalled??) . But when I try to load up GTA SA by clicking on it in My Computer (when the disk is inside my computer), it doesn't give me the option to "Install" it just gives me the option to "Play GTA SA" but when I click on "Play GTA SA" nothing happens which indicates again that it is uninstalled, but I have no option to "Install" it? This is quite strange...

But anyway here's the screenshots of the items reflected.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

More info on this error message Here.

As for uninstalling the San Andreas program, I would use...Revo Uninstaller :thumbsup:.

The ctor.dll file looks like a file that is part of InstallShield program.

Louis

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Off the subject...but I would uncheck the vast majority of the items you have running at startup, using Autoruns.

Of all the items you have running...I would uncheck everything, other than the nVidia display startups and the Sun java update mechanism. IMO, none of those other items need to run at boot.

Funny...out of all the things I see listed...I don't see any protective software yet you have torrent downloaders installed. You are very opttimistic, I see.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2010 - 10:15 AM.

#9 tom123456

tom123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

Tried Revo un-installer and it doesn't recognize GTA SA as an installed application. I'll show you what happens

I try searching for GTA, and nothing comes up.
Posted Image

Edited by tom123456, 29 June 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

Try disabling all the items I previously suggested.

The programs are still there, to be employed when needed...they just will not run at startup.

As for Revo...try looking at all programs, rather than a particular search.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2010 - 10:46 AM.

#11 tom123456

tom123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

I've disabled/unchecked the things you suggested but on Revo, GTA SA is nowhere to be found.

Posted Image

#12 tom123456

tom123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Alright, well i've clicked on something called "Explore DVD contents" which is located on the same screen which pops up when I put the GTA SA disk in the computer. This screen also contains the "Play GTA SA". I have explored the contents which is a folder filled with loads of stuff. I found something called setup.exe which seems to have by-passed the pop-up screen and gone straight into the installation process. I think this may have worked

Thankyou so much for the time and effort to help me out, I appreciate it :thumbsup:

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

I don't know anything about this GTA SA program...but if you cannot run the program minus the CD...and there is no evidence that it is installed...I have to conclude that it is not installed.

There may be lingering registry entries related to such that prevent reinstallation...a manual edit of the registry for such (followed by program installation) may be the solution.

That's entirely up to you.

If you pursue the manual search of the registry...I suggest that first make a backup of the registry, using a program such as Erunt.

To completely remove vestiges of any program, a search must also be made of files, using the Start/Search function.

Louis

#14 tom123456

tom123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Well it's worked and I can now play GTA SA again.

I'll come back here and post if anything goes wrong, thanks again :thumbsup:

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

Glad you resolved it...happy computing ;).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users