Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up adapter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 neonick

neonick

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

So I've had a Linksys WMP54G for a good 6 months and have never had a problem with it until now. After downloading Maple Story, I downloaded the latest patch and installed it. After installing it and closing it out, my connection dropped 6 times (at least) within the next 20 minutes. I'm thinking (and hoping) that something that's in Maple Story is messing with the internet adapter. I know there's a way to remove the Linksys drivers and use the Windows Network instead, but I can't remember how to do that. Anyone know how and can help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

Dont't uninstall the drivers these let windows communicate with the linksys adapter without them there will be no communication and no connection you can uninstall the connection software that linksys provides.

Also try uninstalling the patch for maple story or maple story if the problems cease then you know the culprit.
HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

#3 willjackson

willjackson

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

basically you are using the utility or software for your linksys adapter on your computer and yes there is a way to disable that software and enable the windows utility to control your wireless connection you could go to this link: http://tech.ifelix.net/2007.html to enable windows wireless zero confiuguration.

#4 neonick

neonick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

Also try uninstalling the patch for maple story or maple story if the problems cease then you know the culprit.

I doubt it's the patch since it was happening before that (after installing Maple Story but before the patch). Thanks for the link.

#5 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

I doubt it's the patch since it was happening before that (after installing Maple Story but before the patch). Thanks for the link.

If that's what you think ok but download inssider to see if any neighbours routers are on same channel as your router as this could be another reason for dropping of connection causing interference, best channels are 1, 6 and 11 but if in USA believe ch 11 is out of bounds as long as channels are 5 apart.
HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users