Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INFECTED WITH " SECURITY MASTER AV ". WHAT DO I DO?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rapid Repair

Rapid Repair

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH THIS SECURITY MASTER AV SOFTWARE THAT KEEPS TELLING ME MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK & THAT I SHOULD PROTECT IT BY RUNNING THEIR SCAN. I HAVE NOT DONE THIS BECAUSE MY PROBLEMS STARTED WITH THIS SOFTWARE POPING UP TO BEGINE WITH.

I ALSO NOTICED THAT GOOGLE POPS UP WITH A MESSAGE THAT SOMETHING IS ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE IT FROM BEING THE DEFAULT SITE.

NEED HELP GETTING RID OF IT PLEASE.

RUSH

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Security Master AV Uninstall Guide

I suggest following the above instructions.

In the event that fails to solve it, follow the instructions in the guide (near the bottom which begin "If you are still having problems..."

Good luck :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 Rapid Repair

Rapid Repair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

Thank you Louse for your responce.

Just need to let you know that the infected computer will not hold open the internet page for more than a few seconds before it closes by itself.

I am using a second computer to communicate with you & am planning to use this computer to down loan any fixes to be transfered via a USB junk drive.

Will this still work with the method you have suggested to me to get rid of this problem?

Thanks again.

Rush.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Yes, it should work...if you follow the detailed instructions exactly as they are written.

You will need to download the programs listed, then burn them to CD.

In the event that you have problems that you cannot overcome...follow the directions for posting which appear (as previously noted) near the bottom of the instructions.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users