Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes fails to start on Windows XP Pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TBova

TBova

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hello!

I've got a laptop that is running Windows XP Pro SP2, and recently has had some major sluggishness when browsing the internet. I've used MWB numerous times in the past to fix simple issues like this however this is the first time I've seen something wrong that causes MWB to not run properly (or at all in this case). When I run MWB in either the regular windows environment, or in safe mode, i get the following errors.

"vbAccelerator SGrid II Control - Run-time error '0'"

followed by

"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Run-time error '440': Automation error"

The system has a very outdated version of Norton Internet Security (2002 I think), which I have tried disabling, but that does not seem to fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

Have you tried going in an renaming MBAM to something else, such as tbova. exe or .com to see if it will run?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users