Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Computer helps healing the body.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

I have just got out of the hospital after heart by pass surgery. I will be off work at least 3 months. Bleeping Computer helps me heal, keeps my brain working and off of things I don't need to be worrying about at this time. Another good selling point for Bleeping Computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

Thank you for the kind words and we wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,727 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

I have just got out of the hospital after heart by pass surgery. I will be off work at least 3 months. Bleeping Computer helps me heal, keeps my brain working and off of things I don't need to be worrying about at this time. Another good selling point for Bleeping Computer.

Hang in there LBB. Just went through this myself on 6/11, with a 5 bypass CABG. Ups and downs, but in general gets better each day.

Take care.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

@ Layback Bear

Hang in there, Mate.

I agree that BC does help in the healing process, I was Hospitalised 12 times in 12 months until they finally diagonosed what it was. It seemed like Major Heart Attacks but wasn't. It was a very scarey time.

BC has certainly help me to keep my brain active while I fight this darned thing. I am winning.

Thank you Bleeping Computer.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I had a quad. Yes it does seem to get better day at time. I live by myself so it does make it a little harder to get things done. The Lord keeps me around for a reason.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Amen to that LB. Glad to see you feeling better.. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:59 AM

Good luck and get well soon! :thumbsup:

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

Get well soon :thumbsup:

My dad went through this 10 years ago. He is doing great now.

@ddeerrff Glad you are doing well too!

Edited by rigel, 01 July 2010 - 09:18 AM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#9 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

LBB,I'm so glad to hear that you are doin so well!!

My Father-in-law and my Uncle Joe both had bypass surgery(Father-in-law had triple, Uncle joe had a quad)
Now bein Southern and a bit of a smart eleck, I went to visit my Uncle Joe in the hospital in West Virginia.....
He's southern as well, any way, i saw that all of my relatives were lookin serious, too serious.....now there's a time for serious and there's a time when serious just makes thanges worse.....they had reached that point in my opinion, and since my Mother and My father were with me and my Uncle Joe just loved nothin more then a good joke, and even better if it was at my mother's expense...LOL!!, i decided to let it rip.....and announced that "bein Southern, we;re proud of our crazy people, we don't hide em up in the attic, NO..we bring right down to thew livin room and show em off, For you see, when you're from the south, you don't ask IF you have crazy people in your family, You jusat ask which side their on.....soooo when they ask me, I tell em proudly Both!!!"......It had the desired effect...poor Uncle Joe was howlin......I say poor because he had to grab his big heart shaped pillow abd hold it to his chest, so it wouldn't hurt......He took one look at my mother(who was a bit of a snob) and just lost it...LOL!!! His Room was straight across from the nurses station, so the nurses had a good laugh as well and everybody lightened up!!.....Humor IS good for the soul......
I've had to test this out myself over the past few month's(I've had to have total knee replacement of my left knee.....and it's just plain no fun bein unable to go where you want to and when you want to......There have been times when i thought i was gonna lose my mind if i didn't get out of this house for awhile...so i understand what you're goin thru.....LBB altho it wasn't heart surgery,that bein stuck thange can get on your last nerve fast!!!, BUT it won't last forever.....and before you know it, you'll be on the move again...in the mean time when you need friends the most, there here.......and all in all not a bad bunch to hang out with..LOL!!
Wishin you all the best LBB!!!!
MissPlaced.....

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users