Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple stubborn virus/malware, resisting all removal attempts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 angicx

angicx

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hello.

I had posted to the malware removal forum originally thinking to save time because I knew I was infected and had had help here before, but after a week, I think maybe I should have started here? If not, please excuse the double post.

I'm not sure what the infection is anymore. It started with virussoft and google redirects and pop ups, but I'm not having that problem anymore, just random multiple detections by my virus software, and my computer running very slow and freezing up. I tried many things suggested in your malware removal guides, and ran most of the tools except for combo fix. It will seem as if it has worked and my comp will run ok for a few hours, then it will start detecting viruses again, often when the computer is sitting idle, not going to any web pages.

Here is what is being detected right now. Sometimes there is more, but this is the latest that I wrote down.

Trojan horse Pakes. GAJ
Trojan horse Dropper generic 2. VQN

GMer also detected a hidden process at one time and it mentioned (boot) hmbee, if that helps.

I'm running widows xp with avg free and firefox. I have my firewall active. When I run rkill, the only result in the list is, c:\\windows\system32\ntvdm.exe. However if I run rkill again directly after it's already just run, that process still shows up, so I don't think it's actually stopping it each time. I've tried everything I can think of numerous times in safe mode and regular mode and even tried several system restores, but every restore fails and neither Malwarebytes, nor avg free, nor super anti-spy will get rid of my problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled these programs a few times in case they were no longer in their original states because of possible changes made by the virus.

I tried to run dds but I got an error msg saying that windows would not let me access the file and that I may not have permission. I tried re-downloading it 3 times with same result.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Angi C

Log topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326374/antivirus-soft-infection/ ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 July 2010 - 11:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users