Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistant anti-malware doctor infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cavendish.Lamore

Cavendish.Lamore

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Hoping for some help removing a stubborn problem. From the start:

Blackhawks fan without Versus so I went to livesportscafe.co.cc to try and stream the game. Managed to do this on my mac without any problems so I assumed it would be ok on my PC. Not so much. Got hit with anti malware doctor. This was the second time I have been infected with this (I own McAfee but they have not been very good about protection against this). The first time I was infected I found your site with walkthrough and was able to clean it out with MBAM. This second time I have not been so lucky. I'm usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out and have been working on it for a few weeks (original infection was Jun 02, 2010) so my memory is a bit blurred on when I did what. I will do my best to give as much info as I can.

Operating System:

Win XP Home Edition v2002 SP2

Browser:

I was using google chrome when I was infected and have since been unable to get Chrome working again (crashes immediately with no pages load, not even the thumbnail page), despite numerous attempts to install, uninstall, report bug, etc. Internet Explorer does still work but will pop-up random pages on new tabs and runs slow. Firefox works best however it "shudders" as it seems to attempt to alt-tab switch to a new app even with no other apps running.

Games:

While running an online game it runs slower than normal, experience lag when this had not happened before, and it will randomly switch to the desktop as if I had hit alt-tab during gameplay.

What I have done (in order):

At first I could not even restart in safe mode. I found a site (not sure which, maybe Bleeping) that recommended SUPERAntiSpyware which could reset a registry file. That worked and I was able to restart in safe mode.

I then ran MBAM (with updates each time I ran it) about 7 times - both in safe mode with networking and in normal mode. Each time it clears between 3-7 infected objects. When I run a scan the second time it shows clear - reboot to normal mode and same problems come back. Run MBAM again get more infected objects.

I ran a SUPERAntiSpyware scan, which found a few infections - trial period has now ended.

I ran rkill and then MBAM.

I ran my McAfee scans and sometimes it finds infections and sometimes not. McAffee is updated.

I think that brings me up to date on what I have done. I read through some of the ComboFix info as well as Hijackthis (which I downloaded and ran but did nothing else as I have no idea how to really use an app like this).

SO, now I come for help. I hope this topic is in the corrected location. If more information is required, let me know and I will provide.

Please help and thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cavendish.Lamore

Cavendish.Lamore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

bump - pls help!

#3 Huthah

Huthah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

Sounds like the same problem I've been having; the "shuddering" on Chrome for me is almost unbearable, I've had to stop and re-click this very text box three times now. I've run MBAM and AVG to no avail, so hopefully someone has the answer to both your problem and mine. Operating system is Windows XP Professional and other than the "stuttering" and the occasional pop-up, I can't really say there have been any other problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users