Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SteveR5533

SteveR5533

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:50 AM

I recently purchased a new computer. Upgrading from ME to XP. I will be burning the pertinent parts of my old hard drive to a CD to be installed on my new hard drive and re-installing some of the other applications that I need. I would like to save all my favorites on Internet Explorer and put them on my new computer. Is there anyway that this can be easily accomplished.

Thanks for assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:32 AM

Internet Explorer's favorites are saved in a folder on the hard drive. In Windows XP, this folder is C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Favorites. If you are using another Windows version, use the search function and search for 'favorites'. You can copy the map and save your favorites.
I hope this is what you mean.

Edited by htv8, 15 October 2005 - 08:33 AM.

If I have not posted back within 24 hours, feel free to send me a PM with your topic link.

Posted Image

#3 flyingeagle

flyingeagle

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

I recently purchased a new computer. Upgrading from ME to XP. I will be burning the pertinent parts of my old hard drive to a CD to be installed on my new hard drive and re-installing some of the other applications that I need. I would like to save all my favorites on Internet Explorer and put them on my new computer. Is there anyway that this can be easily accomplished.

Thanks for assistance.

This is pretty straightforward. On IE select the "File" Menu and select the "Import and Export". Just follow the prompts and then copy the bookmark file to a floppy or cd. After you install your new hard use the same procedure to Import the bookmark file off the floppy or cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users