Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tricky file synchronization problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tiverty

tiverty

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hello bleepingcomputer geniuses, I come to you with another question of mine.
I want to synchronize different files on my external HD to sync up with different files on my laptops HD so whenever my external is plugged in it will automatically update with anything new that is added on my laptop (example: music folder on external will stay updated with what is on my laptop). However, I don't want my laptop to get updated with files that are on my external HD as I have files on my external HD that I do not need cluttering up the smaller space on my laptops HD. I am using windows 7 Professional.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tiverty

tiverty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

Does anyone have any sort of idea?

#3 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

Try Goodsync. It's free if you stay within the free license restrictions, which your usage seems to.

You'll just have to learn how to configure it. It won't automatically sync, but that will be a simple 2-click process, if properly configured.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

I recommend Allway Sync. I've been using it for a long time.

It has auto sync and you can change the settings to only go one way (laptop to external hdd). There are plenty of customizable options.

Check it out and see what works best for you. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users