Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Higher ping than usual

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zorboman

zorboman

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

About a week ago my ping in games has been higher than usual. Before, it was always steady around the 50's. Now every game, it jumps between the 60's and sometimes even 300. I've checked my connection on pingtest.net and dslreports.com and both say my connection is fine. Other computers using this same connection don't have this problem. They have the constant 50 ping that I had before. So the problem is something to do with this computer. I have also tried using a wired connection instead of a wireless and it doesn't fix the problem at all. What can I do to fix this problem?

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it seems that there are various trojans and other malware, so those are probably the problem. Since I am unable to find the delete post button, I am going to repost this in the Am I Infected forum, this post can be ignored.

Edited by zorboman, 28 June 2010 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users