Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS outlook crashes constantly and continually restarts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hi all,
Considering outlook is an email application, I figured I'd put it here in this forum. For a few weeks now, I've been having this ongoing issue where I'll be either sending, checking, or replying to an email, and then caboom. Outlook simply crashes. At the same moment, windows gives me the lovely message: "Microsoft Outlook has stopped working. Windows is trying to find a solution to the problem ...". Then, like two seconds later, Windows presents me with the message: "Outlook is restarting ...". Now I know these are common messages, and I'm sure every windows 7 user gets them every now and then, but this seems as if it is happening too much,. I haven't really touched anything that could mess things up in the office realm. I mean, I uninstalled MSSQl server express 2008 last weekend, but it started I believe the week after that. I really don't remember when it started, but any help to restore the integrity of my trusty email client would be great. Sorry if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Regards and many thanks,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

What version of MS Office are you running and have you run the Office Diagnostics program?

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll tell you that I am running Office 2007 Enterprise, and How in the world do I get to the office diagnostic tool? I mean, I knew that it existed, but I never knew how to get there. If you could please let me know, that'd be great. Many thanks.

#4 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

After a friend of mine reminded me about where the program was, I was able to run it last night. Out of all of the things that office diagnostics checks for, it had to fix one thing in the setup portion of office I believe. Either way, I still find that outlook is crashing randomlly and windows never seems to stop checking for a solution to the problem. any further guidance on this would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,
Chromebuster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users