Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer erecovery error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 westwoodside

westwoodside

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi there
I have an acer Aspire laptop 5920G, it is about 4 years old with Vista Home Premium

I've used the installed Acer Erecovery backup program regularly when prompted by the application.
After the last backup all backup points has disappeared - it shows no backup points exist
Prior to this backup there were a number of points shown by the log.
The D data drive is about 1/3 full

As far as Acer goes my laptop dies not exist so I can't email their support site.
Could you suggest what I can do to access these points please?

Any help greatfully accepted.

Westwoodside

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 westwoodside

westwoodside
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Although there has been no response so far can I add some more info here?
Looking at drive D there is a hidden folder: erData.
In a sub folder there is one call Images.This clearly holds all the backup files, date stamped over the life time of my machine.

I've tried Acer support but there is no way of posting a question since the site all revolves around current machines.
Any suggestions please?

Westwoodside.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Since this is a laptop...any instruction, repair options, etc...must come from the manufacturer.

That means that you must rely upon their recovery/restore options for any insight into what transpires when you elect to do a recovery/restore, using their procedures.

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/manuals/...920_Eng_OLM.pdf. Page 82 starts the data on eRecovery.

IMO...unless a user has a similar laptop...he/she is unlikely to reply to your situation.

Louis

#4 westwoodside

westwoodside
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for this. I've a copy of this, sadly it tells little other than use it. It looks as if my only way forward is to find a way to contact their customer support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users