Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secure my computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

I don't know if my computer is secure from others logging on to my computer thu my linksys router. my boyfriend turned his laptop on and he got onto my network. how do i make sure no one else can get on unless i give them a pass word?

Edit: Moved topic from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

Your network absolutely does need to be secure in order to prevent outside sources connecting to it.

A good place for you to start is HERE:How to Secure Your Network (Linksys page)

If you need more help securing your network after reading and trying the steps listed, please ask them in this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users