Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My monitor is slow out of startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kegan

Kegan

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

That is to say, when my computer is completely turned off, not when I simply restart. When I turn on my computer it can take up to a half hour for the monitor to start working. It is on, but it is not receiving a signal, or even telling me that there is no signal.

I recently ran a lot of malware removal programs, provided on this same site, and took out an infected driver program. I'm not sure what it belonged to, if it was, in-fact, a real driver.

I have already tried unplugging and replugging everything I can without opening my computer up.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or a software problem, but since it deals with my monitor, I thought it only seemed appropriate to ask here.

Edited by Kegan, 27 June 2010 - 12:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 UpgradeMe

UpgradeMe

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

No expert am I, but my experience is that it's usually software. I just added an external tuner to my PC and went through some trouble getting it to work. Turns out I had a program in the system tray that is designed to wake the computer from stand by, so I can run some programs in the middle of the night that don't have that feature. The program got kicked out of the systray to the taskbar by the tuner software, so I force closed it and restarted it. I had finally gotten the tuner to work, but restarting prog caused it to fail again. I set the wake program to run out of the tray, and the problem was resolved. This kind of thing has probably happened to me a dozen times over the last 10 years.

Sounds to me like your problem could be either. If your monitor has a driver, maybe if you find it and reinstall it/update it that would resolve the problem...

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

Connect the monitor to another computer and see, if same thing happens.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users