Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant open any thing except IE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 demon119

demon119

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hi I need some help. Im not too computer savvy, so please be descriptive. At first some weird spam program popped up on my screen. Then computer says there might be a virus and forced shut down. When I cut the computer back on I couldnt open any programs except for IE. Computer either says "Cannot locate file, or Administrator has disallowed request" (Im on the adminstrating computer). Finally got Hijack this to download, ran scan but now I dont know what to do with thelog file It gave me. I dont know which prgrams are good or bad. I also cant run the Task Manager or use Run. Any ideas?

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2010 - 12:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dragonalumni

dragonalumni

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

considering your situation and skill i would suggest restoring your system to an earlier date.

you can do this with start-> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system restore.

pick a time before you had any problems and after that get some decent anti-virus installed.

#3 demon119

demon119
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

OK i attempted that...but the computer wont let me. I click System restore...the computer asks me what program Id like to use to open this program (makes no sense). I browse and locate System restore. Then a box pops up saying cannot use file and something about not a valid Win 32 application. Any more ideas?

#4 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

I would think that no harm could come to your system if you tried to restore from the Safe Mode.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users