Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Cleaned out a Backdoor Trojan...Now takes ten to forty minutes for websites to load

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sarkastik1


  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

I recently got some great help from one of the virus removal pros on this website. I had a nasty back-door trojan and we were able to work together to clean my computer up. There were multiple programs I was asked to install and multiple virus scans run under the direction of the person helping me. In the end I passed all virus checks free and clear, and the helper closed out my topic. I didn't notice the internet issues until a few days later and wasn't able to get back in touch with anyone since my topic was closed. Here's what I'm seeing now;

•Some sites load within a reasonable amount of time, like this one for example. Others, like myspace and facebook take 10 to 40 minutes. Search engines seem to be okay but the websites I find by using them take forever to load.
•I use eMule, a eD2K/Kad file sharing program and before I could get downloads of 700mb within a day or two, and would see multiple files downloading simultaneously. Now for a file of that size I get expected download times of 25 days or more and rarely see more than two downloads going at a time.
•I recently used a broadband speedtest site and got a very very low result.

Meanwhile, the signal strength indicator lights on my broadband modem are glaring at me with full strength. I'm seeing four bars out of four for signal strength. A friend of mine recommended that I uninstall and reinstall the broadband modem incase some random values were changed while cleaning the virus from my computer. I tried that and nothing changed.

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some direction on this. This problem appeared after running ComboFix and the other programs used to clear the virus. I'm not extremely computer savy but I think something having to do with connectivity was changed during the process. I have no clue where to start. I'm definitely getting internet signal but it seems like my computer barely acknowledges it.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

    OBleepin Investigator

  • Moderator
  • 37,011 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Bloomington, IN
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:09 PM


I'd suggest sending a Private Message to your helper requesting that your topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323424/bingyahoogoogle-redirect-and-microsoft-security-essentials-update-blocked/ be reopened.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users