Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tourists, Please know that this NOT how to Win Mates.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

I do not mean to be controversial in any way, but I think it is worthy to pass on as General Information on an important part of Aussie Culture.

Uluru, (Aires Rock) is recognised as the oldest Religious Site in the World, so always please Respect that?

This was just so Stupid and the person involved was just lucky that our indiginious people were so tolerant. Many other Aussies will not be.

French exotic dancer who performed a strip show on the top of Uluru has defended herself amid calls for her deportation.

Alizee Sery climbed to the top of the sacred rock as a "tribute" to Aboriginal people and their culture, the Sunday Territorian newspaper reports.

The 25-year-old was photographed and videoed stripping down during the impromptu dance.

"I do not mean in any way for this video to offend the Aboriginal culture I am aware that Uluru is sacred in their culture," Ms Sery told the Territorian.

"What we need to remember is that traditionally, the Aboriginal people were living naked so stripping down was a return to what it was like."

Central Land Council director David Ross told the ABC Prime Minister Julia Gillard should deport the woman over her "stupid" act.

Mr Ross said the stunt was indicative of many people who defy the traditional land owners' request that no one climb Uluru.

Ms Sery's stunt has angered many others people expressing their concerns on Twitter.

"I wonder what ran through that French strippers head when she did a strip tease on Uluru. Way to upset a sacred site," bitter_grace said.

abbeywirth wrote: "A Brazilian strip tease ontop of Uluru a tribute!? Pfffffft! Disrespectful attention seeker."

Another user, tjmarx, said: "How did she NOT get arrested?"

Uluru is leased to Parks Australia by the Anangu people, similar to an arrangement for Kakadu National Park.

Many parts of the rock have been closed to visitors while photographs from certain angles are banned.

Many people still climb the rock despite traditional owners discouraging it.

Then this that I really do want to Comment on.

Ms Sery said she wanted to give people courage to believe in themselves by doing the Uluru strip.

"If I can do a strip on Ayers Rock, then anything is possible," Ms Sery said.

My Comment is very simple:

"Yes, Mate, you are about to find out that the hard way."

Link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/107672...luru-strip-show

Sorry, Folks, this just got right up my nose.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:16 AM

Ok Ray, I read your post, but was a tad confused at first until I clicked the link at the end of the post and watched the video.

Then I got your point and now I understand.

Very interesting article and never heard of the Uluru or the culture here in the states before or that it is sacred.

I find other cultures fascinating to learn about and explore, I can understand your point, but I actually got an education from this post.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 27 June 2010 - 01:17 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

Ok Ray, I read your post, but was a tad confused at first until I clicked the link at the end of the post and watched the video.

Then I got your point and now I understand.

Very interesting article and never heard of the Uluru or the culture here in the states before or that it is sacred.

I find other cultures fascinating to learn about and explore, I can understand your point, but I actually got an education from this post.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the nice words, Mate.

Maybe this can show you what Aussies really think about it? It was a total Insult.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:15 AM

I do understand your point and it's a good one Drovers Dog. I being from Ohio, U.S.A. don't know your laws but I do hope they are used to there fullest. I know little about your country except what I see on Public Television which at times is quiet a lot. To the best of my knowledge the French haven't respected any thing for a hundred years.

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:56 AM

@ Layback Bear

Thanks, Mate.

Maybe Management will allow me to start a Thread to help people understand us Aussies?

We really are as one, towards ourselves and Great Warriors from the harshness of our Country. We honestly love all other people, particularly our Allies.

I think that this version of our Song really shows the Tollerance in my Country? But others should Beware of Offending us.

It is like poking a VERY Dangerious venomous Snake in the nose.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 27 June 2010 - 04:59 AM.

What is a Dog?

#6 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

A french woman being disrespectful....what a surprise. haugh haughh haughhh -stereotypical snooty french giggle

Sounds like a croc missed a good meal with that broad.

#7 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:15 AM

Honestly, they are the oldest Culture in the World and really could bring about World Peace with their simple words, as this really shows?

They were visited by many Cultures, before the British. We treated them like rectimal refuse, much to our Shame. But we were men and women enough to say "Sorry".

We now have a magic relationship.

Listen to it and Judge? I hope that all the World Listens to their simple Message?

This above shows how Aussies have listened to them?

I am putting together some really great Aussie Songs about Aussies and our different Cultures, for a close friend in the Philippines, if anyone would like a Copy, please PM me. Never meant as Spam, just as someone that really cares. I would love to spread the word of an incredible Culture that could really Help with World Peace, that we are heading towards, if we only will listen?

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 29 June 2010 - 02:34 AM.

What is a Dog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users