Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search results redirected, I.E. opens new windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TXDM01

TXDM01

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

Hello! I seem to have been infected with some kind of browser hijacker or another, that redirects my search results when cliked on to some random ad sites. In addition to this, when I clik on a search result and my window goes jumping away into oblivion, an additional new window will open at the same time and that window also goes randomly be booping down the ad site trail lol. This happens in both Firefox and I.E., so I decided to try to uninstall and reinstall them both to see if it helped at all. I uninstalled firefox, but couldnt figure out how to uninstall I.E. so I just left it alone... I ran several scans using the following: AVG, SpybotS&D, CCleaner, System Mechanic, Defender Pro, Malwarebytes, and HiJackthis, the last I couldnt really figure out so I just saved the log.. System Mechanic found a spyware threat called LookatMe2, deleted. Also found several tracking cookies, deleted. Ran full system cleanings with both DefenderPro and System Mechanic, and ran CCleaner again. Defraged drive and memory, compacted and backed up registry after it was scanned and cleaned also. Rebooted, logged back on, did a search and WHAMO happens again... Im at a loss, any advice from those of you that know what their doing (I sure dont lol) would be greatly appreciated!. My Comp and OPsys are: AMD Athalon dual core 64 2.4Ghz 1Gb Ram, Windows XP Home, all my drives, software, security,apps etc, everything is continually updated and set to auto update, so as far as I know I think I do have all the latest updates for everything. Thnx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users