Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google redirects/after defence center warnings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 sammer47

sammer47

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

sometime last week I came home to find the warnings and popups for defence center. I didn't click on any of the popups and went straight to ctrl/alt/del
and was told I didn't have admin privileges. So I tried a system restore but it wouldn't allow that either. thought I'd look it up on the internet but it kept redirecting my google search on firefox. So stupid me... reboot! Now I have no internet but my modem is working like crazy so I unplug the modem and router
I tried removing firefox in safe mode and it seemed to work for about 10 minutes I got my internet back then more of the same.
but in those 10 minutes I was able to run spybot, although it would not let me update the definitions. It found nothing other than the usual cookies.
Same with CA antivirus, found nothing.
The next day, on my basement computer, I did some research and found an update for spybot. Back upstairs I managed to get spybot updated and it found all kinds of malware related to defence center (although I'm not sure what now as I just removed it.) I thought I was done computer seemed OK for a few minutes...
Then google search redirect.
The other thing that I've noticed is a few months ago the kids somehow installed MyWeb Searchbar I removed it but somehow its still hanging in there as I get an unable to load rundll error for it every time I boot.
I found this site a couple days ago and downloaded MAM and SAS. I ran both IN safe mode and after a regular boot numerous times until they both came up clean then I did a Cclean of files and registry. A defrag, then created a new restore point, and wiped out all the old restore points.
Once again I thought I was done. Then the redirects started again and random tabs open in firefox. internet explorer seems fine but I never use it so I think its quite an old version 5 maybe.

so here goes

looks like My computer won't let me open anything on my desktop right now.

Ok after 20 minutes of locked up computer (even the clock time stopped!!)
I reset my computer, Hard boot. restarted in safe mode and tried to reload my page above.
But firefox wouldn't reload the page so I tried IE but it took me to some antispyware page .
I tried 3 times to get firefox to bring me back to mt page as I hadn't sent any info yet.and it finally worked.
this is really beginning to piss me off.

dds

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Family at 22:37:53.93 on 25/06/2010
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_20
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2047.1192 [GMT -6:00]

AV: CA Anti-Virus *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {17CFD1EA-56CF-40B5-A06B-BD3A27397C93}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSIService.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Protexis\License Service\PsiService_2.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Six Engine\SixEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\NBHGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\UMStor\Res.EXE
C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\CorelIOMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Corel PhotoDownloader\Corel Photo Downloader.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\PIXELA\ImageMixer 3 SE for SD\CameraMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\TruDirect\TruDirectTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Standby\Standby.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Family\My Documents\Downloads\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection: {53707962-6f74-2d53-2644-206d7942484f} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
uRun: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [LightScribe Control Panel] c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
uRun: [SUPERAntiSpyware] c:\program files\superantispyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
mRun: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
mRun: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
mRun: [Six Engine] "c:\program files\asus\six engine\SixEngine.exe" -r
mRun: [cctray] c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\casc.exe
mRun: [CAVRID] "c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ca anti-virus\CAVRID.exe"
mRun: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "c:\program files\dell aio printer a920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
mRun: [NeroFilterCheck] c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\NeroCheck.exe
mRun: [SecurDisc] c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\NBHGui.exe
mRun: [InCD] c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\InCD.exe
mRun: [StartCCC] "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
mRun: [USB Storage Toolbox] c:\windows\umstor\Res.EXE
mRun: [Ai Nap] "c:\program files\asus\ai suite\ainap\AiNap.exe"
mRun: [QFan Help] "c:\program files\asus\ai suite\qfan3\QFanHelp.exe"
mRun: [Cpu Level Up help] c:\program files\asus\ai suite\CpuLevelUpHelp.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
mRun: [Standby] "c:\program files\common files\corel\standby\Standby.exe" -START
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [Corel File Shell Monitor] c:\program files\corel\corel paint shop pro photo x2\CorelIOMonitor.exe
mRun: [Corel Photo Downloader] "c:\program files\common files\corel\corel photodownloader\Corel Photo Downloader.exe" -startup
mRun: [Myozizices] rundll32.exe "c:\windows\usilagarobifamav.dll",Startup
mRun: [Windows Defender] "c:\program files\windows defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
dRun: [CTFMON.EXE] c:\windows\system32\CTFMON.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\imagem~1.lnk - c:\program files\pixela\imagemixer 3 se for sd\CameraMonitor.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\micros~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office\OSA9.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\trudir~1.lnk - c:\program files\trudirect\TruDirectTray.exe
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
IE: {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
LSP: c:\windows\system32\VetRedir.dll
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_20-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_20-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_20-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
Notify: !SASWinLogon - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASWINLO.DLL
Notify: AtiExtEvent - Ati2evxx.dll
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
SEH: Microsoft AntiMalware ShellExecuteHook: {091eb208-39dd-417d-a5dd-7e2c2d8fb9cb} - c:\progra~1\wifd1f~1\MpShHook.dll
SEH: SABShellExecuteHook Class: {5ae067d3-9afb-48e0-853a-ebb7f4a000da} - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASSEH.DLL
mASetup: {10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F} - "c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LSRunOnce.exe"
Hosts: 127.0.0.1 www.spywareinfo.com

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\mozilla\firefox\profiles\w8kv16ee.default\
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v3.5\windows presentation foundation\dotnetassistantextension\
FF - HiddenExtension: XULRunner: {4606A357-AC79-4671-A1C3-CB1B18A02641} - c:\documents and settings\family\local settings\application data\{4606A357-AC79-4671-A1C3-CB1B18A02641}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0017-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA}

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.use_native_colors", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.use_native_popup_windows", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.enable_click_image_resizing", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("accessibility.browsewithcaret_shortcut.enabled", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("javascript.options.mem.high_water_mark", 32);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("javascript.options.mem.gc_frequency", 1600);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.lu", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.nu", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.nz", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4ar", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--p1ai", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbayh7gpa", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.tel", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.auth.force-generic-ntlm", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.proxy.type", 5);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs", 10);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("svg.smil.enabled", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.trackpoint_hack.enabled", -1);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.debug", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.agedWeight", 2);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.bucketSize", 1);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.maxTimeGroupings", 25);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.timeGroupingSize", 604800);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.boundaryWeight", 25);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.prefixWeight", 5);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("accelerometer.enabled", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("html5.enable", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.allow_unrestricted_renego_everywhere__temporarily_available_pref", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.renego_unrestricted_hosts", "");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.treat_unsafe_negotiation_as_broken", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl3.rsa_seed_sha", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js - pref("app.update.download.backgroundInterval", 600);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js - pref("app.update.url.manual", "http://www.firefox.com");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js - pref("browser.search.param.yahoo-fr-ja", "mozff");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.name", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.description", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("xpinstall.whitelist.add", "addons.mozilla.org");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("xpinstall.whitelist.add.36", "getpersonas.com");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("lightweightThemes.update.enabled", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.allTabs.previews", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("plugins.update.notifyUser", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("toolbar.customization.usesheet", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.nptest.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npctrl.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npqtplugin.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.taskbar.previews.enable", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.taskbar.previews.max", 20);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.taskbar.previews.cachetime", 20);

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R0 KmxStart;KmxStart;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxStart.sys [2008-10-21 107000]
R0 mv61xx;mv61xx;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mv61xx.sys [2008-6-23 150568]
R1 KmxAgent;KmxAgent;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxAgent.sys [2008-8-6 72184]
R1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys [2010-2-17 12872]
R1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASKUTIL.SYS [2010-5-10 67656]
R1 VET-FILT;VET File System Filter;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vet-filt.sys [2008-11-22 26352]
R1 VET-REC;VET File System Recognizer;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vet-rec.sys [2008-11-22 21104]
R1 VETEFILE;VET File Scan Engine;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetefile.sys [2008-11-22 746216]
R1 VETMONNT;VET File Monitor;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetmonnt.sys [2008-11-22 161008]
R2 CAISafe;CAISafe;c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ca anti-virus\isafe.exe [2008-11-20 144696]
R2 ccSchedulerSVC;CA Common Scheduler Service;c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ccschedulersvc.exe [2008-11-22 128240]
R2 UmxAgent;HIPS Event Manager;c:\program files\ca\sharedcomponents\hipsengine\UmxAgent.exe [2008-9-10 1141240]
R2 UmxCfg;HIPS Configuration Interpreter;c:\program files\ca\sharedcomponents\hipsengine\UmxCfg.exe [2008-10-21 801272]
R2 UmxPol;HIPS Policy Manager;c:\program files\ca\sharedcomponents\hipsengine\UmxPol.exe [2008-9-2 289272]
R2 VETMSGNT;VET Message Service;c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ca anti-virus\vetmsg.exe [2008-11-20 288080]
R2 WinDefend;Windows Defender;c:\program files\windows defender\MsMpEng.exe [2006-11-3 13592]
R3 KmxCfg;KmxCfg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxCfg.sys [2008-10-21 203768]
S2 NeroRegInCDSrv;Nero Registry InCD Service;c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\nbhregincdsrv.exe --> c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\NBHRegInCDSrv.exe [?]
S3 cpuz132;cpuz132;c:\windows\system32\drivers\cpuz132_x32.sys [2009-7-25 12672]
S4 cpuz130;cpuz130;\??\c:\docume~1\family\locals~1\temp\cpuz130\cpuz_x32.sys --> c:\docume~1\family\locals~1\temp\cpuz130\cpuz_x32.sys [?]
S4 MSSQLServerADHelper100;SQL Active Directory Helper Service;c:\program files\microsoft sql server\100\shared\sqladhlp.exe [2008-7-10 47128]
S4 RsFx0102;RsFx0102 Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\RsFx0102.sys [2008-7-10 242712]
S4 SQLAgent$SQLEXPRESS;SQL Server Agent (SQLEXPRESS);c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql10.sqlexpress\mssql\binn\SQLAGENT.EXE [2008-7-10 369688]
S4 SureThing Labelflash service;SureThing Labelflash service;c:\program files\common files\surething shared\stllssvr.exe [2009-5-10 74392]
S4 VETEBOOT;VET Boot Scan Engine;c:\windows\system32\drivers\veteboot.sys [2008-11-22 130280]
S4 VETFDDNT;VET Floppy Boot Sector Monitor;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetfddnt.sys [2008-11-22 21488]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2010-06-26 00:43:08 73728 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2010-06-25 17:11:42 0 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\family\defogger_reenable
2010-06-25 01:57:18 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2010-06-25 01:57:18 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2010-06-25 01:57:10 0 d-----w- c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2010-06-25 00:40:56 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\Malwarebytes
2010-06-25 00:40:48 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-06-25 00:40:47 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2010-06-25 00:40:47 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-06-25 00:40:47 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\Malwarebytes
2010-06-24 23:31:32 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Registry Patrol
2010-06-24 22:52:17 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2010-06-24 21:21:25 221568 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2010-06-24 17:46:39 0 d-----w- c:\program files\AVG
2010-06-24 14:36:46 120 ----a-w- c:\windows\Qrusoc.dat
2010-06-24 14:36:46 0 ----a-w- c:\windows\Ahipoguxab.bin
2010-06-24 12:07:47 552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d8caps.dat
2010-06-24 12:07:40 664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d9caps.dat
2010-06-22 05:11:36 0 d-----w- c:\windows\system32\Lang
2010-06-07 04:01:57 460 ----a-w- c:\windows\cdplayer.ini
2010-06-07 04:00:57 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\FreeRIP
2010-06-07 04:00:56 0 d-----w- c:\program files\FreeRIP3
2010-06-07 03:36:52 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\Softplicity
2010-06-07 03:36:44 0 d-----w- c:\program files\TotalAudioConverter
2010-06-06 12:12:22 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Free Audio Pack
2010-06-06 12:12:22 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\FreeAudioPack
2010-06-03 22:53:09 274432 ----a-w- c:\windows\TLCUninstall.exe

==================== Find3M ====================

2010-06-26 00:42:57 411368 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2010-06-08 14:03:51 5018 --sha-w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\KGyGaAvL.sys
2010-06-05 06:21:27 111952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\isafprod.dll
2010-06-04 06:21:17 746216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetefile.sys
2010-06-04 06:21:17 130280 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\veteboot.sys
2010-05-02 05:22:50 1851264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2010-04-20 05:30:08 285696 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atmfd.dll
2010-04-16 16:09:09 667136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2010-04-16 16:09:05 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2006-06-24 06:48:54 32768 ----a-r- c:\windows\inf\UpdateUSB.exe
2009-07-26 04:31:00 8 --sh--r- c:\windows\system32\B0E7AA08BC.sys
2009-12-06 22:49:36 2516 --sha-w- c:\windows\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

============= FINISH: 22:38:17.60 ===============

ark.txt

GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-06-26 14:53:07
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\Family\LOCALS~1\Temp\uftyipog.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\kmxagent.sys (HIPS Agent Driver/CA) ZwSetInformationProcess [0xB3464BF9]
SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.SYS (SASKUTIL.SYS/SUPERAdBlocker.com and SUPERAntiSpyware.com) ZwTerminateProcess [0xB3218620]

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.rsrc C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys entry point in ".rsrc" section [0xF74A3114]
.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys section is writeable [0xF6834000, 0x1B85E6, 0xE8000020]

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[1212] ntdll.dll!NtProtectVirtualMemory 7C90D6EE 5 Bytes JMP 00A2000A
.text C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[1212] ntdll.dll!NtWriteVirtualMemory 7C90DFAE 5 Bytes JMP 00B0000A
.text C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[1212] ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher 7C90E47C 5 Bytes JMP 00A1000C
.text C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe[1868] ntdll.dll!NtProtectVirtualMemory 7C90D6EE 5 Bytes JMP 007F000A
.text C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe[1868] ntdll.dll!NtWriteVirtualMemory 7C90DFAE 5 Bytes JMP 0080000A
.text C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe[1868] ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher 7C90E47C 5 Bytes JMP 007E000C
.text C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe[1868] ole32.dll!CoCreateInstance 7750057E 5 Bytes JMP 00DB000A
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[4032] ntdll.dll!NtProtectVirtualMemory 7C90D6EE 5 Bytes JMP 0102000A
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[4032] ntdll.dll!NtWriteVirtualMemory 7C90DFAE 5 Bytes JMP 0103000A
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[4032] ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher 7C90E47C 5 Bytes JMP 0101000C

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Device Ntfs.sys (NT File System Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
Device mrxsmb.sys (Windows NT SMB Minirdr/Microsoft Corporation)
Device -> \Driver\atapi \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 8A729EC5

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL@
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL@Installed 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI@
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI@Installed 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI@NoChange 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS@
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS@Installed 1

---- Files - GMER 1.0.15 ----

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys suspicious modification
File C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys suspicious modification

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

wow I can't believe it worked. It took 6hrs to run gmer last night and then it locked up when I tried to save. After 1hr I rebooted and started again this morning took about 6 hrs again but saved alright

sure hope you can help

thanks
sam

Merged posts. ~ OB

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 29 June 2010 - 10:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hi sammer47,

Welcome to Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.

If the issue is not resolved please update me on the current condition of your computer. No need for new logs at this moment.

#3 sammer47

sammer47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hey. OK I've still got problems.
But I have run a few things, and deleted a few things since my initial post.
spybot found a few issues C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL Is apparently in an location that is unavailable on my hard drive or on the network? but everything I run shows it in my startup list And it has been hanging around for quite some time!
But I don't think that's the worst of my problems. I'm hoping you can help. I'm hours away from reformat and reinstall
and I'm not sure there's any point in backing up what I have as this frigging problem could be anywhere.
Both IE and FF redirect everytime I search, (sometimes I can copy and paste the url from the search results sometimes and and sometimes not) and they open new tabs (whenever it wants) .
Also I think this is another problem. Spybot found: Virtumonde.prx Autorun settings (Myozizices)
I've been searching for any reference to Myozizices and haven't found it anywhere. spybot deleted it but I'm doubting its really gone.

thanks for your help in advance

sam

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,722 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:16 AM

Thanks for update sam.

We will take care of the rootkit infection and see what remains.
  1. We are going to run this special tool.
    • Please download TDSSKiller.exe and save it to your desktop.
    • Run TDSSKiller.exe.
    • When it finished press any key to continue.
    • Let reboot if needed and tell me if it needed a reboot.
    • Also it makes a txt file on the C:\ directory (like TDSSKiller.2.3.2.0_Date_Time_log.txt). Please attach it to your replay.

2. Open your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
    • First update it, to do that under the Update tab press "Check for Updates".
    • Under Scanner tab select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
    • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    • Copy&Paste the MBAM log.

Extra Note:
    If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

3. Please run DDS and post a fresh DDS.txt to your reply. No need for the Attach.txt

#5 sammer47

sammer47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

Here goes
yes tdsskiller needed a reboot

10:41:14:968 2684 TDSS rootkit removing tool 2.3.2.2 Jun 30 2010 17:23:49
10:41:14:968 2684 ================================================================================
10:41:14:968 2684 SystemInfo:

10:41:14:968 2684 OS Version: 5.1.2600 ServicePack: 3.0
10:41:14:968 2684 Product type: Workstation
10:41:14:968 2684 ComputerName: HAMMERFAMILY
10:41:14:968 2684 UserName: Family
10:41:14:968 2684 Windows directory: C:\WINDOWS
10:41:14:968 2684 System windows directory: C:\WINDOWS
10:41:14:968 2684 Processor architecture: Intel x86
10:41:14:968 2684 Number of processors: 2
10:41:14:968 2684 Page size: 0x1000
10:41:14:968 2684 Boot type: Normal boot
10:41:14:968 2684 ================================================================================
10:41:15:312 2684 Initialize success
10:41:15:312 2684
10:41:15:312 2684 Scanning Services ...
10:41:15:765 2684 Raw services enum returned 368 services
10:41:15:765 2684
10:41:15:765 2684 Scanning Drivers ...
10:41:16:937 2684 ACPI (8fd99680a539792a30e97944fdaecf17) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys
10:41:16:953 2684 ACPIEC (9859c0f6936e723e4892d7141b1327d5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ACPIEC.sys
10:41:16:984 2684 aec (8bed39e3c35d6a489438b8141717a557) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aec.sys
10:41:17:046 2684 AFD (7e775010ef291da96ad17ca4b17137d7) C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\afd.sys
10:41:17:078 2684 Arp1394 (b5b8a80875c1dededa8b02765642c32f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys
10:41:17:140 2684 AsIO (2b4e66fac6503494a2c6f32bb6ab3826) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AsIO.sys
10:41:17:156 2684 AsyncMac (b153affac761e7f5fcfa822b9c4e97bc) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys
10:41:17:171 2684 atapi (9f3a2f5aa6875c72bf062c712cfa2674) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys
10:41:17:250 2684 ati2mtag (1db0e5f78a67307f9c68d777873c1164) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys
10:41:17:390 2684 AtiHdmiService (eaece4a0d90d6e1fbe068cce9efd73a0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AtiHdmi.sys
10:41:17:437 2684 ATITool (0e4bb35c5305099ac82053ac992e3e0e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ATITool.sys
10:41:17:468 2684 Atmarpc (9916c1225104ba14794209cfa8012159) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys
10:41:17:500 2684 audstub (d9f724aa26c010a217c97606b160ed68) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys
10:41:17:546 2684 Beep (da1f27d85e0d1525f6621372e7b685e9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Beep.sys
10:41:17:578 2684 cbidf2k (90a673fc8e12a79afbed2576f6a7aaf9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cbidf2k.sys
10:41:17:593 2684 CCDECODE (0be5aef125be881c4f854c554f2b025c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CCDECODE.sys
10:41:17:640 2684 Cdaudio (c1b486a7658353d33a10cc15211a873b) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdaudio.sys
10:41:17:656 2684 Cdfs (c885b02847f5d2fd45a24e219ed93b32) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdfs.sys
10:41:17:671 2684 Cdrom (1f4260cc5b42272d71f79e570a27a4fe) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
10:41:17:859 2684 cpuz132 (097a0a4899b759a4f032bd464963b4be) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cpuz132_x32.sys
10:41:17:875 2684 Disk (044452051f3e02e7963599fc8f4f3e25) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
10:41:17:937 2684 dmboot (d992fe1274bde0f84ad826acae022a41) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dmboot.sys
10:41:17:984 2684 dmio (7c824cf7bbde77d95c08005717a95f6f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dmio.sys
10:41:17:984 2684 dmload (e9317282a63ca4d188c0df5e09c6ac5f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dmload.sys
10:41:18:015 2684 DMusic (8a208dfcf89792a484e76c40e5f50b45) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\DMusic.sys
10:41:18:031 2684 drmkaud (8f5fcff8e8848afac920905fbd9d33c8) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys
10:41:18:062 2684 ENTECH (16ebd8bf1d5090923694cc972c7ce1b4) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ENTECH.sys
10:41:18:093 2684 Fastfat (38d332a6d56af32635675f132548343e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Fastfat.sys
10:41:18:140 2684 Fdc (92cdd60b6730b9f50f6a1a0c1f8cdc81) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys
10:41:18:171 2684 Fips (d45926117eb9fa946a6af572fbe1caa3) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Fips.sys
10:41:18:234 2684 Flpydisk (9d27e7b80bfcdf1cdd9b555862d5e7f0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\flpydisk.sys
10:41:18:296 2684 FltMgr (b2cf4b0786f8212cb92ed2b50c6db6b0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
10:41:18:296 2684 Fs_Rec (3e1e2bd4f39b0e2b7dc4f4d2bcc2779a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Fs_Rec.sys
10:41:18:312 2684 Ftdisk (6ac26732762483366c3969c9e4d2259d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys
10:41:18:343 2684 GEARAspiWDM (8182ff89c65e4d38b2de4bb0fb18564e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
10:41:18:343 2684 Gpc (0a02c63c8b144bd8c86b103dee7c86a2) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys
10:41:18:359 2684 HDAudBus (573c7d0a32852b48f3058cfd8026f511) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HDAudBus.sys
10:41:18:421 2684 HTTP (f80a415ef82cd06ffaf0d971528ead38) C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\HTTP.sys
10:41:18:453 2684 i8042prt (4a0b06aa8943c1e332520f7440c0aa30) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys
10:41:18:468 2684 Imapi (083a052659f5310dd8b6a6cb05edcf8e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
10:41:18:468 2684 InCDfs (bc49161697ac99586de35b7839518487) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\InCDFs.sys
10:41:18:500 2684 InCDPass (1be060598b70d8f9b19968e3f45f2a64) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys
10:41:18:515 2684 InCDrec (4c5ae0f52a47e09b29b7312c55d44840) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\InCDRec.sys
10:41:18:531 2684 incdrm (baa8d6cb8850dc654cd952ca5fd61e33) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys
10:41:18:640 2684 IntcAzAudAddService (19afbb8427ce65042599555e578170df) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\RtkHDAud.sys
10:41:18:812 2684 intelppm (8c953733d8f36eb2133f5bb58808b66b) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
10:41:18:843 2684 Ip6Fw (3bb22519a194418d5fec05d800a19ad0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys
10:41:18:875 2684 IpFilterDriver (731f22ba402ee4b62748adaf6363c182) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys
10:41:18:890 2684 IpInIp (b87ab476dcf76e72010632b5550955f5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys
10:41:18:921 2684 IpNat (cc748ea12c6effde940ee98098bf96bb) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys
10:41:18:937 2684 IPSec (23c74d75e36e7158768dd63d92789a91) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys
10:41:18:968 2684 IRENUM (c93c9ff7b04d772627a3646d89f7bf89) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys
10:41:18:984 2684 isapnp (05a299ec56e52649b1cf2fc52d20f2d7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys
10:41:19:015 2684 JL2005C (efe9fdc54ba6d55dcefe045062ad5c3f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\jl2005c.sys
10:41:19:093 2684 Kbdclass (463c1ec80cd17420a542b7f36a36f128) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys
10:41:19:125 2684 klmd23 (316353165feba3d0538eaa9c2f60c5b7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\klmd.sys
10:41:19:156 2684 kmixer (692bcf44383d056aed41b045a323d378) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmixer.sys
10:41:19:171 2684 KmxAgent (56d92667798228ae7f6ac8216f06b407) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxagent.sys
10:41:19:203 2684 KmxCfg (cc0ab87a37ae8010de254714ed682f60) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxcfg.sys
10:41:19:218 2684 KmxStart (b4a077882c743c73b88ec9b20b0a0967) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxstart.sys
10:41:19:250 2684 KSecDD (b467646c54cc746128904e1654c750c1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KSecDD.sys
10:41:19:265 2684 L1e (93e64bab9dee162ca0ca5258d132a047) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\l1e51x86.sys
10:41:19:312 2684 mnmdd (4ae068242760a1fb6e1a44bf4e16afa6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mnmdd.sys
10:41:19:328 2684 Modem (dfcbad3cec1c5f964962ae10e0bcc8e1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Modem.sys
10:41:19:406 2684 Mouclass (35c9e97194c8cfb8430125f8dbc34d04) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
10:41:19:421 2684 MountMgr (a80b9a0bad1b73637dbcbba7df72d3fd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MountMgr.sys
10:41:19:437 2684 MRxDAV (11d42bb6206f33fbb3ba0288d3ef81bd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys
10:41:19:468 2684 MRxSmb (f3aefb11abc521122b67095044169e98) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys
10:41:19:500 2684 Msfs (c941ea2454ba8350021d774daf0f1027) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Msfs.sys
10:41:19:531 2684 MSKSSRV (d1575e71568f4d9e14ca56b7b0453bf1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys
10:41:19:546 2684 MSPCLOCK (325bb26842fc7ccc1fcce2c457317f3e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys
10:41:19:562 2684 MSPQM (bad59648ba099da4a17680b39730cb3d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys
10:41:19:593 2684 mssmbios (af5f4f3f14a8ea2c26de30f7a1e17136) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys
10:41:19:625 2684 MSTEE (e53736a9e30c45fa9e7b5eac55056d1d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSTEE.sys
10:41:19:656 2684 MTsensor (d48659bb24c48345d926ecb45c1ebdf5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ASACPI.sys
10:41:19:703 2684 Mup (2f625d11385b1a94360bfc70aaefdee1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Mup.sys
10:41:19:750 2684 mv61xx (a95fed4c2fb11c79e7ddbe2eff1919b5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mv61xx.sys
10:41:19:765 2684 NABTSFEC (5b50f1b2a2ed47d560577b221da734db) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NABTSFEC.sys
10:41:19:796 2684 NDIS (1df7f42665c94b825322fae71721130d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NDIS.sys
10:41:19:812 2684 NdisIP (7ff1f1fd8609c149aa432f95a8163d97) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NdisIP.sys
10:41:19:843 2684 NdisTapi (1ab3d00c991ab086e69db84b6c0ed78f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys
10:41:19:890 2684 Ndisuio (f927a4434c5028758a842943ef1a3849) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys
10:41:19:906 2684 NdisWan (edc1531a49c80614b2cfda43ca8659ab) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys
10:41:19:921 2684 NDProxy (6215023940cfd3702b46abc304e1d45a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NDProxy.sys
10:41:19:937 2684 NetBIOS (5d81cf9a2f1a3a756b66cf684911cdf0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys
10:41:19:984 2684 NetBT (74b2b2f5bea5e9a3dc021d685551bd3d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys
10:41:20:000 2684 NIC1394 (e9e47cfb2d461fa0fc75b7a74c6383ea) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nic1394.sys
10:41:20:015 2684 Npfs (3182d64ae053d6fb034f44b6def8034a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Npfs.sys
10:41:20:031 2684 Ntfs (78a08dd6a8d65e697c18e1db01c5cdca) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Ntfs.sys
10:41:20:109 2684 Null (73c1e1f395918bc2c6dd67af7591a3ad) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Null.sys
10:41:20:140 2684 NwlnkFlt (b305f3fad35083837ef46a0bbce2fc57) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys
10:41:20:156 2684 NwlnkFwd (c99b3415198d1aab7227f2c88fd664b9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys
10:41:20:156 2684 ohci1394 (588267ed6e866cfb8e752927dd9120c0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys
10:41:20:156 2684 Suspicious file (Forged): C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys. Real md5: 588267ed6e866cfb8e752927dd9120c0, Fake md5: ca33832df41afb202ee7aeb05145922f
10:41:20:156 2684 File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys" infected by TDSS rootkit ... 10:41:20:296 2684 Backup copy found, using it..
10:41:20:296 2684 will be cured on next reboot
10:41:20:343 2684 ovt519 (db5e1d29aa509d58067aed5cc83d8170) C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ov519vid.sys
10:41:20:390 2684 Parport (5575faf8f97ce5e713d108c2a58d7c7c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Parport.sys
10:41:20:421 2684 PartMgr (beb3ba25197665d82ec7065b724171c6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PartMgr.sys
10:41:20:437 2684 ParVdm (70e98b3fd8e963a6a46a2e6247e0bea1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ParVdm.sys
10:41:20:437 2684 PCI (a219903ccf74233761d92bef471a07b1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys
10:41:20:468 2684 PCIIde (ccf5f451bb1a5a2a522a76e670000ff0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys
10:41:20:484 2684 Pcmcia (9e89ef60e9ee05e3f2eef2da7397f1c1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Pcmcia.sys
10:41:20:593 2684 PptpMiniport (efeec01b1d3cf84f16ddd24d9d9d8f99) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys
10:41:20:609 2684 PSched (09298ec810b07e5d582cb3a3f9255424) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys
10:41:20:625 2684 Ptilink (80d317bd1c3dbc5d4fe7b1678c60cadd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys
10:41:20:656 2684 RasAcd (fe0d99d6f31e4fad8159f690d68ded9c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys
10:41:20:656 2684 Rasl2tp (11b4a627bc9614b885c4969bfa5ff8a6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys
10:41:20:671 2684 RasPppoe (5bc962f2654137c9909c3d4603587dee) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys
10:41:20:671 2684 Raspti (fdbb1d60066fcfbb7452fd8f9829b242) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys
10:41:20:687 2684 Rdbss (7ad224ad1a1437fe28d89cf22b17780a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys
10:41:20:703 2684 RDPCDD (4912d5b403614ce99c28420f75353332) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys
10:41:20:703 2684 rdpdr (15cabd0f7c00c47c70124907916af3f1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys
10:41:20:734 2684 RDPWD (6728e45b66f93c08f11de2e316fc70dd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\RDPWD.sys
10:41:20:781 2684 redbook (f828dd7e1419b6653894a8f97a0094c5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
10:41:20:890 2684 RivaTuner32 (c0c8909be3ecc9df8089112bf9be954e) C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.24\RivaTuner32.sys
10:41:20:984 2684 RsFx0102 (fedd2710b75be3ecf078adace790c423) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\RsFx0102.sys
10:41:21:031 2684 SASDIFSV (a3281aec37e0720a2bc28034c2df2a56) C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS
10:41:21:046 2684 SASKUTIL (61db0d0756a99506207fd724e3692b25) C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.SYS
10:41:21:078 2684 Secdrv (90a3935d05b494a5a39d37e71f09a677) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys
10:41:21:109 2684 serenum (0f29512ccd6bead730039fb4bd2c85ce) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys
10:41:21:140 2684 Serial (cca207a8896d4c6a0c9ce29a4ae411a7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serial.sys
10:41:21:156 2684 Sfloppy (8e6b8c671615d126fdc553d1e2de5562) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Sfloppy.sys
10:41:21:203 2684 SLIP (866d538ebe33709a5c9f5c62b73b7d14) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SLIP.sys
10:41:21:250 2684 splitter (ab8b92451ecb048a4d1de7c3ffcb4a9f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\splitter.sys
10:41:21:296 2684 sr (76bb022c2fb6902fd5bdd4f78fc13a5d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sr.sys
10:41:21:328 2684 Srv (89220b427890aa1dffd1a02648ae51c3) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
10:41:21:343 2684 streamip (77813007ba6265c4b6098187e6ed79d2) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\StreamIP.sys
10:41:21:375 2684 swenum (3941d127aef12e93addf6fe6ee027e0f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys
10:41:21:375 2684 swmidi (8ce882bcc6cf8a62f2b2323d95cb3d01) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\swmidi.sys
10:41:21:406 2684 sysaudio (8b83f3ed0f1688b4958f77cd6d2bf290) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys
10:41:21:453 2684 Tcpip (9aefa14bd6b182d61e3119fa5f436d3d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys
10:41:21:500 2684 TDPIPE (6471a66807f5e104e4885f5b67349397) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDPIPE.sys
10:41:21:500 2684 TDTCP (c56b6d0402371cf3700eb322ef3aaf61) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDTCP.sys
10:41:21:546 2684 TermDD (88155247177638048422893737429d9e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys
10:41:21:546 2684 Udfs (5787b80c2e3c5e2f56c2a233d91fa2c9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Udfs.sys
10:41:21:578 2684 Update (402ddc88356b1bac0ee3dd1580c76a31) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\update.sys
10:41:21:625 2684 usbaudio (e919708db44ed8543a7c017953148330) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys
10:41:21:625 2684 usbccgp (173f317ce0db8e21322e71b7e60a27e8) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys
10:41:21:640 2684 usbehci (65dcf09d0e37d4c6b11b5b0b76d470a7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys
10:41:21:656 2684 usbhub (1ab3cdde553b6e064d2e754efe20285c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys
10:41:21:687 2684 usbprint (a717c8721046828520c9edf31288fc00) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys
10:41:21:703 2684 usbscan (a0b8cf9deb1184fbdd20784a58fa75d4) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys
10:41:21:718 2684 USBSTOR (a32426d9b14a089eaa1d922e0c5801a9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS
10:41:21:750 2684 usbuhci (26496f9dee2d787fc3e61ad54821ffe6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys
10:41:21:781 2684 VET-FILT (745c8fa117c58c9adba78dfde11d17af) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VET-FILT.sys
10:41:21:796 2684 VET-REC (4b9881af8a3d9de74082f1cfecc5db58) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VET-REC.sys
10:41:21:812 2684 VETEBOOT (c079f80582c31728029f3efcdfeaf221) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETEBOOT.sys
10:41:21:843 2684 VETEFILE (31bab965e7af8295c22f641401d622b3) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETEFILE.sys
10:41:21:875 2684 VETFDDNT (24ce79eafbd9edfd00aacae75345eb69) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETFDDNT.sys
10:41:21:890 2684 VETMONNT (5e166c4f3b97798e9e3c47ff74278598) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETMONNT.sys
10:41:21:921 2684 VgaSave (0d3a8fafceacd8b7625cd549757a7df1) C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vga.sys
10:41:21:937 2684 VolSnap (4c8fcb5cc53aab716d810740fe59d025) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VolSnap.sys
10:41:21:937 2684 Wanarp (e20b95baedb550f32dd489265c1da1f6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys
10:41:21:953 2684 wdmaud (6768acf64b18196494413695f0c3a00f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys
10:41:21:984 2684 WSTCODEC (c98b39829c2bbd34e454150633c62c78) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WSTCODEC.SYS
10:41:22:015 2684 WudfPf (f15feafffbb3644ccc80c5da584e6311) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WudfPf.sys
10:41:22:031 2684 WudfRd (28b524262bce6de1f7ef9f510ba3985b) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wudfrd.sys
10:41:22:031 2684 Reboot required for cure complete..
10:41:22:453 2684 Cure on reboot scheduled successfully
10:41:22:453 2684
10:41:22:453 2684 Completed
10:41:22:453 2684 Results:
10:41:22:453 2684 Registry objects infected / cured / cured on reboot: 0 / 0 / 0
10:41:22:453 2684 File objects infected / cured / cured on reboot: 1 / 0 / 1
10:41:22:453 2684 KLMD(ARK) unloaded successfully

malwarebytes

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4267

Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

02/07/2010 10:56:18 AM
mbam-log-2010-07-02 (10-56-18).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 138776
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 12 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\my web search bar (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

dds log

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Family at 11:00:33.26 on 02/07/2010
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_20
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2047.1342 [GMT -6:00]

AV: CA Anti-Virus *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {17CFD1EA-56CF-40B5-A06B-BD3A27397C93}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSIService.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Protexis\License Service\PsiService_2.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Six Engine\SixEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\NBHGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\WINDOWS\UMStor\Res.EXE
C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\CorelIOMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Corel PhotoDownloader\Corel Photo Downloader.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\PIXELA\ImageMixer 3 SE for SD\CameraMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\TruDirect\TruDirectTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Standby\Standby.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Desktop\dds(2).scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection: {53707962-6f74-2d53-2644-206d7942484f} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
uRun: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [LightScribe Control Panel] c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
uRun: [SUPERAntiSpyware] c:\program files\superantispyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
mRun: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
mRun: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
mRun: [Six Engine] "c:\program files\asus\six engine\SixEngine.exe" -r
mRun: [cctray] c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\casc.exe
mRun: [CAVRID] "c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ca anti-virus\CAVRID.exe"
mRun: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "c:\program files\dell aio printer a920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
mRun: [NeroFilterCheck] c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\NeroCheck.exe
mRun: [SecurDisc] c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\NBHGui.exe
mRun: [InCD] c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\InCD.exe
mRun: [StartCCC] "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
mRun: [USB Storage Toolbox] c:\windows\umstor\Res.EXE
mRun: [Ai Nap] "c:\program files\asus\ai suite\ainap\AiNap.exe"
mRun: [QFan Help] "c:\program files\asus\ai suite\qfan3\QFanHelp.exe"
mRun: [Cpu Level Up help] c:\program files\asus\ai suite\CpuLevelUpHelp.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
mRun: [Standby] "c:\program files\common files\corel\standby\Standby.exe" -START
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [Corel File Shell Monitor] c:\program files\corel\corel paint shop pro photo x2\CorelIOMonitor.exe
mRun: [Corel Photo Downloader] "c:\program files\common files\corel\corel photodownloader\Corel Photo Downloader.exe" -startup
mRun: [Windows Defender] "c:\program files\windows defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
dRun: [CTFMON.EXE] c:\windows\system32\CTFMON.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\imagem~1.lnk - c:\program files\pixela\imagemixer 3 se for sd\CameraMonitor.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\micros~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office\OSA9.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\trudir~1.lnk - c:\program files\trudirect\TruDirectTray.exe
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
IE: {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
LSP: c:\windows\system32\VetRedir.dll
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_20-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_20-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_20-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} - hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
Notify: !SASWinLogon - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASWINLO.DLL
Notify: AtiExtEvent - Ati2evxx.dll
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
SEH: Microsoft AntiMalware ShellExecuteHook: {091eb208-39dd-417d-a5dd-7e2c2d8fb9cb} - c:\progra~1\wifd1f~1\MpShHook.dll
SEH: SABShellExecuteHook Class: {5ae067d3-9afb-48e0-853a-ebb7f4a000da} - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASSEH.DLL
mASetup: {10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F} - "c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LSRunOnce.exe"
Hosts: 127.0.0.1 www.spywareinfo.com

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\mozilla\firefox\profiles\w8kv16ee.default\
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v3.5\windows presentation foundation\dotnetassistantextension\
FF - HiddenExtension: XULRunner: {4606A357-AC79-4671-A1C3-CB1B18A02641} - c:\documents and settings\family\local settings\application data\{4606A357-AC79-4671-A1C3-CB1B18A02641}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0017-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA}

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.use_native_colors", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.use_native_popup_windows", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.enable_click_image_resizing", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("accessibility.browsewithcaret_shortcut.enabled", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("javascript.options.mem.high_water_mark", 32);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("javascript.options.mem.gc_frequency", 1600);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.lu", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.nu", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.nz", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4ar", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--p1ai", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbayh7gpa", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.tel", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.auth.force-generic-ntlm", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.proxy.type", 5);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs", 45);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("svg.smil.enabled", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.trackpoint_hack.enabled", -1);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.debug", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.agedWeight", 2);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.bucketSize", 1);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.maxTimeGroupings", 25);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.timeGroupingSize", 604800);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.boundaryWeight", 25);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("browser.formfill.prefixWeight", 5);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("accelerometer.enabled", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("html5.enable", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.allow_unrestricted_renego_everywhere__temporarily_available_pref", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.renego_unrestricted_hosts", "");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.treat_unsafe_negotiation_as_broken", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl3.rsa_seed_sha", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js - pref("app.update.download.backgroundInterval", 600);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js - pref("app.update.url.manual", "http://www.firefox.com");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js - pref("browser.search.param.yahoo-fr-ja", "mozff");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.name", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.description", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("xpinstall.whitelist.add", "addons.mozilla.org");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("xpinstall.whitelist.add.36", "getpersonas.com");
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("lightweightThemes.update.enabled", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.allTabs.previews", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("plugins.update.notifyUser", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("toolbar.customization.usesheet", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.nptest.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npctrl.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npqtplugin.dll", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.taskbar.previews.enable", false);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.taskbar.previews.max", 20);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("browser.taskbar.previews.cachetime", 20);

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R0 KmxStart;KmxStart;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxStart.sys [2008-10-21 107000]
R0 mv61xx;mv61xx;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mv61xx.sys [2008-6-23 150568]
R1 KmxAgent;KmxAgent;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxAgent.sys [2008-8-6 72184]
R1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys [2010-2-17 12872]
R1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASKUTIL.SYS [2010-5-10 67656]
R1 VET-FILT;VET File System Filter;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vet-filt.sys [2008-11-22 26352]
R1 VET-REC;VET File System Recognizer;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vet-rec.sys [2008-11-22 21104]
R1 VETEFILE;VET File Scan Engine;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetefile.sys [2008-11-22 746216]
R1 VETMONNT;VET File Monitor;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetmonnt.sys [2008-11-22 161008]
R2 CAISafe;CAISafe;c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ca anti-virus\isafe.exe [2008-11-20 144696]
R2 ccSchedulerSVC;CA Common Scheduler Service;c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ccschedulersvc.exe [2008-11-22 128240]
R2 UmxAgent;HIPS Event Manager;c:\program files\ca\sharedcomponents\hipsengine\UmxAgent.exe [2008-9-10 1141240]
R2 UmxCfg;HIPS Configuration Interpreter;c:\program files\ca\sharedcomponents\hipsengine\UmxCfg.exe [2008-10-21 801272]
R2 UmxPol;HIPS Policy Manager;c:\program files\ca\sharedcomponents\hipsengine\UmxPol.exe [2008-9-2 289272]
R2 VETMSGNT;VET Message Service;c:\program files\ca\ca internet security suite\ca anti-virus\vetmsg.exe [2008-11-20 288080]
R2 WinDefend;Windows Defender;c:\program files\windows defender\MsMpEng.exe [2006-11-3 13592]
R3 KmxCfg;KmxCfg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxCfg.sys [2008-10-21 203768]
S2 NeroRegInCDSrv;Nero Registry InCD Service;c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\nbhregincdsrv.exe --> c:\program files\nero\nero 7\incd\NBHRegInCDSrv.exe [?]
S3 cpuz132;cpuz132;c:\windows\system32\drivers\cpuz132_x32.sys [2009-7-25 12672]
S4 cpuz130;cpuz130;\??\c:\docume~1\family\locals~1\temp\cpuz130\cpuz_x32.sys --> c:\docume~1\family\locals~1\temp\cpuz130\cpuz_x32.sys [?]
S4 MSSQLServerADHelper100;SQL Active Directory Helper Service;c:\program files\microsoft sql server\100\shared\sqladhlp.exe [2008-7-10 47128]
S4 RsFx0102;RsFx0102 Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\RsFx0102.sys [2008-7-10 242712]
S4 SQLAgent$SQLEXPRESS;SQL Server Agent (SQLEXPRESS);c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql10.sqlexpress\mssql\binn\SQLAGENT.EXE [2008-7-10 369688]
S4 SureThing Labelflash service;SureThing Labelflash service;c:\program files\common files\surething shared\stllssvr.exe [2009-5-10 74392]
S4 VETEBOOT;VET Boot Scan Engine;c:\windows\system32\drivers\veteboot.sys [2008-11-22 130280]
S4 VETFDDNT;VET Floppy Boot Sector Monitor;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetfddnt.sys [2008-11-22 21488]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2010-06-26 00:43:08 73728 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2010-06-25 17:11:42 0 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\family\defogger_reenable
2010-06-25 01:57:18 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2010-06-25 01:57:18 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2010-06-25 01:57:10 0 d-----w- c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2010-06-25 00:40:56 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\Malwarebytes
2010-06-25 00:40:48 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-06-25 00:40:47 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2010-06-25 00:40:47 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-06-25 00:40:47 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\Malwarebytes
2010-06-24 23:31:32 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Registry Patrol
2010-06-24 22:52:17 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2010-06-24 21:21:25 221568 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2010-06-24 17:46:39 0 d-----w- c:\program files\AVG
2010-06-24 14:36:46 120 ----a-w- c:\windows\Qrusoc.dat
2010-06-24 14:36:46 0 ----a-w- c:\windows\Ahipoguxab.bin
2010-06-24 12:07:47 552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d8caps.dat
2010-06-24 12:07:40 664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d9caps.dat
2010-06-22 05:11:36 0 d-----w- c:\windows\system32\Lang
2010-06-07 04:01:57 460 ----a-w- c:\windows\cdplayer.ini
2010-06-07 04:00:57 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\FreeRIP
2010-06-07 04:00:56 0 d-----w- c:\program files\FreeRIP3
2010-06-07 03:36:52 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\Softplicity
2010-06-07 03:36:44 0 d-----w- c:\program files\TotalAudioConverter
2010-06-06 12:12:22 0 d-----w- c:\program files\Free Audio Pack
2010-06-06 12:12:22 0 d-----w- c:\docume~1\family\applic~1\FreeAudioPack
2010-06-03 22:53:09 274432 ----a-w- c:\windows\TLCUninstall.exe

==================== Find3M ====================

2010-06-26 00:42:57 411368 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2010-06-08 14:03:51 5018 --sha-w- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\KGyGaAvL.sys
2010-06-05 06:21:27 111952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\isafprod.dll
2010-06-04 06:21:17 746216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetefile.sys
2010-06-04 06:21:17 130280 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\veteboot.sys
2010-05-02 05:22:50 1851264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2010-04-20 05:30:08 285696 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atmfd.dll
2010-04-16 16:09:09 667136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2010-04-16 16:09:05 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2006-06-24 06:48:54 32768 ----a-r- c:\windows\inf\UpdateUSB.exe
2009-07-26 04:31:00 8 --sh--r- c:\windows\system32\B0E7AA08BC.sys
2009-12-06 22:49:36 2516 --sha-w- c:\windows\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

============= FINISH: 11:00:56.56 ===============

Looking forward to your reply

sam

Edited by sammer47, 02 July 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#6 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,722 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

The rootkit is taken care of. thumbup2.gif

We need to remove another browser hijacker too.
    Please download GooredFix from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop
    Download Mirror #1
    Download Mirror #2
    • Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
    • To run the tool, double-click it.
    • When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
    • GooredFix will check for infections, and then a log will appear. Please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredFix.txt).

1. Run GMER, uncheck all boxes but let the box next to Registry and C drive remain checked. Click Scan.
    When it finished press Save to save the log and post it to your reply. It will not take more than a minute.

#7 sammer47

sammer47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

gooredfix log

GooredFix by jpshortstuff (08.01.10.1)
Log created at 11:45 on 02/07/2010 (Family)
Firefox version 3.6.6 (en-US)

========== GooredScan ==========

Deleting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{4606A357-AC79-4671-A1C3-CB1B18A02641} -> Success!
Deleting C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Local Settings\Application Data\{4606A357-AC79-4671-A1C3-CB1B18A02641} -> Success!

========== GooredLog ==========

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [18:08 24/06/2010]
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [02:47 19/12/2008]
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0017-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [15:56 21/11/2009]
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [00:43 26/06/2010]

C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\w8kv16ee.default\extensions\
{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} [00:53 28/06/2010]
{CF40ACC5-E1BB-4aff-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} [03:08 21/11/2008]
{d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d} [04:00 27/06/2010]
{fe0258ab-4f74-43a1-8781-bcdf340f9ee9} [04:00 27/06/2010]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}"="C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\" [22:49 26/07/2009]
"jqs@sun.com"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff" [00:42 26/06/2010]

-=E.O.F=-

It won't let me open the gmer txt file it just locks up my desktop
when I double clicked to open it it just gives me the hour glass
the clock on my desktop has stopped again too.
funny that I can still type this. Hope I can send it!

#8 sammer47

sammer47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

After I sent the last post my computer completely locked up.
After being locked up for 15 minutes I rebooted into safe mode.
I'll try to attach the gmer again. here goes

GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-07-02 11:49:44
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\Family\LOCALS~1\Temp\uftyipog.sys

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL@
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL@Installed 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI@
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI@Installed 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI@NoChange 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS@
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS@Installed 1

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

piece of cake in safe mode

sam

#9 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,722 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Well done sam. thumbup2.gif

Now that we have taken care of all the active malware we need a last system scan to make sure there is nothing nothing left that potentially reinfect the computer.
  1. I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
    • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      ESET OnlineScan
    • Click the button.
    • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      • Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      • Double click on the icon on your desktop.
    • Check
    • Click the button.
    • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    • Check
    • Push the Start button.
    • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    • When the scan completes, push
    • Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
    • Push the button.
    • Push

A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

2. Tell me also how is your computer running.

#10 sammer47

sammer47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

Thanks farbar
Here is the eset file from my desktop.

C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Desktop\downloads\Nero-7.11.10.0_all_update.exe Win32/Toolbar.AskSBar application deleted - quarantined

Here's the complete log

ESETSmartInstaller@High as downloader log:
all ok
# version=7
# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6211
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=503110f4a36d4e458186ad42ae9f5351
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2010-07-02 08:26:22
# local_time=2010-07-02 02:26:22 (-0700, Mountain Daylight Time)
# country="Canada"
# lang=1033
# osver=5.1.2600 NT Service Pack 3
# compatibility_mode=512 16777215 100 0 593662 593662 0 0
# compatibility_mode=1024 16777215 100 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=4866 16775126 100 100 0 51590423 0 0
# compatibility_mode=6143 16777215 0 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=8192 67108863 100 0 0 0 0 0
# scanned=121920
# found=1
# cleaned=1
# scan_time=2385
C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Desktop\downloads\Nero-7.11.10.0_all_update.exe Win32/Toolbar.AskSBar application (deleted - quarantined) 00000000000000000000000000000000 C

I think they both say pretty much the same thing smile.gif

So far the computer seems good. I really hope this has cleared it up.

Being that this thing was hiding in nero what are the chances all the videos and pics that I burned over the last 2 or 3 days (to prep for a format and reinstall) will not be infected?

thanks

sam

#11 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,722 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Being that this thing was hiding in nero what are the chances all the videos and pics that I burned over the last 2 or 3 days (to prep for a format and reinstall) will not be infected?

The one ESET found is not really a serious thread. It is a questionable add-on or toolbar called Askbar that might come with legit software. While you install the installer of the software it gives you the option to install Askbar and you can opt not to install Askbar. I believe antiviruses should not go after that kind of software and leave it to the users choice. So don't have to worry about it and consider the ESET log free of malware.

It looks good. thumbup2.gif
  1. You may delete any tool or log we used from your computer.

2. First Set a New Restore Point then Remove the Old Restore Points to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

To set a new restore point:
    • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
    • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next".
    • Give the Restore Point a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

To remove the old restore points:
    • Go to Start > Run then type: Cleanmgr in the box and click "OK".
    • You get a window to select the drive to clean, the default is already set to (C:) drive. Click OK.
    • Click the "More Options" Tab.
    • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
    • Click OK and Yes.

Recommendations:
  1. I strongly recommend updating Internet 6 to Internet explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 as it has more functionality and is much safer.

2. I recommend using Site Advisor for safe surfing. It is a free extension both for Internet Explorer and Firefox. When you search a site it gives you an indication of how safe a site is.

3. I recommend installing this small application for safe surfing: Javacoolsİ SpywareBlaster
    SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer and Firefox settings and that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
    • Download and install it.
    • Update it manually by clicking on Updates in the left pane and then Check for Updates.
    • Then enable all the protections by clicking on Protection Status on the left pane. Then click on Enable All Protection.
    • The free version doesn't have an automatic update. Update it once in two or three weeks and enable all protection again.

Happy Surfing sam. smile.gif

#12 sammer47

sammer47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Thanks farbar.

I'll take your advise on the protection.
I hope this doesn't happen again. It's really been a nightmare.

Thanks again

sam

#13 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,722 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

You are most welcome sam. smile.gif

This thread will now be closed since the issue seems to be resolved.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM and I will reopen it for you.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users